Chapter 27

One year and five months later

[Rengoku gets sent to a mission all by himself]

Rengoku is on his way to the mission but then remembers something that Kagaya told him: Remember that this mission will prove if you can survive the final battle.

Rengoku didn't get why his Master sent him only and not with someone else "Rengoku!" Rengoku looks around and tries to find where the voice is coming from,he notices that he is in a forest "Was I lost in my thoughts?" Rengoku thought as he looked around the forest "it's so dark"He mumbles "Where am I?" Rengoku keeps his guard up

Rengoku's POV
I walk around this dark forest, I wonder if I got lost in my thoughts...How is that possible if I could see where I was going. I hear footsteps as I stand still "Rengoku~" What is that voice it sounds more like a whisper. I started feeling lightheaded, I tried to ignore the headache but it was only getting worse.

As I tried to find my way out of this forest I noticed that I was trapped, I kept taking different paths but it led me to the same place I was "Ugh" I groan as I started hearing howling but... wait. I look up and I notice that it's still nighttime "I might not be able to get back to Master" I sign and I sit down under a tree.

After awhile it starts raining "Great" I thought "I'm now gonna get soak and I don't have any spare clothes" I close my eyes hoping this is all a dream.I open my eyes but I'm still in the dark forest except that it stops raining,my clothes are soak so I decided to take my uniform shirt off "At Least my Haori isn't wet" I mumbled as I unbuttoned my shirt and took it off, after I took my shirt off I put my Haori on "Damn it's cold" I could feel the cold breeze "How long has it been?" I ask myself, I decide to walk around the Forest.

I walk around noticing that I'm not ending up in the same place instead I ended up in front of a house "Why is there a house in the middle of the forest?" I asked myself, I decided to walk towards the door, I opened the door and I realized that it was dark. As I walk around the house I notice a picture of someone familiar.

The Picture:

This reminds me of The Demon King for some reason

This reminds me of The Demon King for some reason. I walk across some more rooms "Something feels weird" I thought to myself. "Who are you?" I stop walking as I hear this voice it sounds like a female but also a male. "Answer me" The voice gets more aggressive, I turn around to a woman standing at the end of the hallway. I tried to speak but I couldn't, this person gave a Demon feeling for some reason...

"Answer me" The woman disappears and I feel someone tighten the back of my neck, I realize it's the woman who was at the end of the hallway "I'm a-a Hashira..." I said as I felt sharp nails enter my neck (The woman was entering her nails inside Rengoku's neck)

After I answered her question I heard her laughing but then it turned into a male laughing, I tried looking back but I started feeling dizzy "Became a Demon" I heard a male voice instead of a female voice "Don't tell me... IT'S THE DEMON KING" I thought I started sweating "Answer me" His grip got tighter and I couldn't breathe "N-no..."I managed to choke out "Oh c'mon you could leave long and have a better life" He said I could tell he was getting mad since he was gripping my neck tightly "I-i won't be-become a demon..." I said, my vision was getting blurry.The last thing I could hear and feel was his tight grip and his ugly laugh...

[The next day]

Nobody's POV
Kagaya was anxious due to Rengoku not being back. All the Hashiras (except Rengoku) and Tanjiro were all at Headquarters waiting for their Master to say something "CRA CRA RENGOKU HAS DIED" Rengoku's crow cried out. They were all shocked and they were sad due to the news they have gotten.

On the other hand Tengen was at a tree until Rengoku's crow landed in front of him "Well hello" Tengen said "Here's a letter from Rengoku" Tengen unties the letter from the crow's necklace and then opens the letter

The Letter:
Dear Love I am sorry that I have fallen, I'm sorry I wasn't able to survive this mission. This is my last letter to you, I hope you remember that I will always protect you. I hope you have a wonderful life...I will always love you I hope you won't forget me.

Stay strong for me

-Rengoku

Tengen is heartbroken knowing that his only lover has died and he won't be able to see him. Tengen searches inside his pocket and finds the necklace he was going to give Rengoku after he came back after his mission "I was going to give you this Love...but I guess I'll have it as a reminder of you,I won't forget you Rengoku" As Tengen says this it starts raining and Tengen stands up and looks at the sky and waves the necklace "I was going to give you this!" Tengen shouts and then falls to his knees and starts crying while hugging the letter from Rengoku.

I'M SORRY IF I MADE YOU CRY I'M REALLY SORRY

HAVE A GREAT MORNING NIGHT AFTERNOON