1

Harry's POV

It's my eighth birthday today, and as usual, I'm in my 'room' which is just the cupboard under the stairs. For the last couple of years, I've felt more comfortable in the cupboard. Just because of the shadows. I have felt more, at home with them, they are like a familiar... thing from when I was younger. I don't really know how to explain it.

My supposed family (Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and my cousin Dudley) had decided to make it a worse day to me just because eight years ago I was born, and if I hadn't been born they wouldn't have to deal with such a burden and a freak in their house (that's me if you were wondering).

Uncle Vernon dragged me out from my cupboard and threw me against one of the kitchen's walls. That will probably give me a few bruises tomorrow and I probably also have a broken arm from the impact. He then shouted at me to stand up and make breakfast for them. I slowly stood up and made my way to the kitchen. Using one arm, I cooked them a decent meal, but for them it wasn't. Dudley started to cry and turn as red as a tomato, so while Aunt Petunia tried to calm him down Uncle Vernon dragged me away from them.

My eyes widened with fear when I saw that he grabbed a kitchen knife on the way out. I knew what he was going to do to me. It wasn't the first time he would do so, but none the less, I was scared.

"Pl-please!" I stuttered between cries, "I'll-I'll do any-thing!"

"Boy! Don't you dare raise your voice to me, freak!" was all I got as a reply.

I wimpered as he threw me againt the wall once again. He took his belt off and tied my legs together, turned me around so that I was facing the floor and held my hands together above my head with one hand. He raised the knife above his head and started to do slashes all over my back. I tried not to scream in pain, but I did.

"SHUT IT YOU FREAK!"

And he started to do the slashes deeper and deeper. It didn't feel like random slashes anymore, it felt as if he was carving on my back. I could feel my blood falling like a waterfall down my back.

I was blacking out. I could see dots dancing in my vision. Everything was numb. My arms, my legs and my back. The tears from my face had gone dry as none fell any more.

"I carved you a message, boy! This way you will always remember the freak that you are!" Uncle Vernon muttered to me.

I fell unconcious.

Nico's POV

Chiron had sent me on a quest to retrieve a demigod from England. He probably sent me on this quest because I'm the only one that could do it the quickest because of shadow travel. Yay. Will was slightly mad at Chiron for making me shadow travel... Okay, Will had shouted at the poor centaur for quite a while. It's sweet that he worries so much about me, but I can also take care of myself.

After Will gave me a lot of ambrosia and nectar (trust me, a lot), I set of for my quest (he only let me go if I promsided him that if I needed help I would call for Mrs O'Leary and he would come with her). I shadow travel to the adress that Chiron had told me. I sat down on a bench and ate an ambrosia square and regained a bit of energy.

I stood up groaning like an old man (which I technicaly was) and searched for the correct house. Might I add that doing such thing was very complicated. Every single house was the same. The only difference was the cars and the house numbers. I walked down the street until I reached number 4.

As I aproached said house, I heard a scream. A scream of pain. Without a second thought, I opened the front door with a BANG and let myself in. In the corridor, I saw a very ugly man (trust me, him and Smelly Gabe were competing for first place) holding a bloody kitchen knife in one hand while looking at something that he was blocking from my view.

"TURN AROUND!"

Smelly Gabe 2.0 went stiff and slowly turned around. Then from one of the rooms appeared and woman that looked like a horse (could she be related to one?) and a mini version of Smelly Gabe 2.0.

I could now see what the man was hidding. On the floor was a bloody body full of cuts. His ankles were tied together and he had words carved on to his back.

'Freak'
'Burden'
'Die'

I instantly knew that this was the demigod. I pointed my sword at Smelly Gabe 2.0's neck, "Anyone moves and he's dead." I then did a loud taxi whistle and I didn't have to wait for more than a few seconds before Mrs O'Leary shadow traveled here with Will.

"Hey, that's the demigod. Take him back while I deal with Smelly Gabe 2.0, Horse Descendant and Smelly Gabe 2.0 Jr." He followed my orders without hesitation, and once he had picked up the demigod he left.

I smirked at them, "Lets have some fun, shall we?"