17

Harry's POV

"We've got potions first, with Slytherin," Soleil said as we left the Great Hall.

"And that means that you can meet Blaise!" I told her excitedly.

"Yes!" she shouted, punching the air. "I can finally meet one of your friends!"

"What do you mean finally? I just met them yesterday."

"Maybe Blaise does appreciate my dramatic arts, unlike you!"

It was nice to bicker like this with someone, it felt like having little stupid arguments with Nico, Leo or Percy. It's nice to have this familiar feeling again.

"Blaise!" I shoued when I spot him, interrupting Soleil. 

"Soleil, this is Blaise. Blaise, this is Soleil."

"Hi! Nice to meet you!" Soleil said excitedly.

"You too. Are you the same Soleil from the rumors?" he asked.

Rumors? About Soleil? But it was only the first day of school?

"Depending what the rumors are about, although I'm quite honored to be this famous already," she started to say, stopping herself from saying anything else as our fellow students started to enter the classroom.

Soleil's POV

Wow, first day of school and there's already rumors about me. What comes next? Taunting? Mocking? Bullying? Although if some of those did happen, then nothing would've changed that much from the muggle school I used to go to before coming here.

When we entered the classroom, I was going to drag Harry to the back of the room to sit somewhere around there, but all the Slytherin students had taken those seats already. Towards the middle rows it is, but even better if we get to sit next to the wall. It'll be easier to see everything from there and nothing could surprise me.

I gotta thank my paranoid ass for thinking like that. 

Anyway, the potions lesson had gone fine until Snape (who was our teacher) had started to try and catch Harry out by asking hard questions related to potions. Although Harry was clever and answered all of Snape's questions correctly, Snape took points off Gryffindor because he said the Harry had cheated becasue "no first year would know the answers to those questions". Then why the hell did you ask them, you greasy git?

Nothing much happened after that, with the exception of Seamus and Dean blowing up their cauldron. Nobody knew how they did it, I don't even think Snape knows how it happened. But it was fun to watch, Snape getting so mad I mean, not Seamus and Dean having to go to the Hospital Wing. 

"So, what did you think about potions?" I ask Harry as we head towards our next class. Tranfiguration with Ravenclaw.

"I know I'll do fine with the theory, but I'm not so sure with the actually doing stuff part. We'll find out later on. What about you?" He asks.

"Quite the opposite, my dear friend. I'm not sure I'll be great with the theory, but I'm loving the mixing and slicing and heating part. Yet you're right again, we'll find out later on. Which friend of yours am I meeting now?"

"Hermione Granger, a pleasure to meet you," I bushy haired girl said from Harry's other side, extending her arm towards me. 

I grasped her hand with both of mine and I gave it a very energetic and enthusiastic shake. "Soleil Summers, the pleasure is mine!"

"I'm so happy to have another girl in our friend group, I was the only one until now," she said as we entered the classroom.

"I'm just happy to have made so many friends so quickly," I told her, sitting with her and leaving Harry alone. "Sorry Harry! But the girls need their alone time!" I shout at him when he gives me a betrayed look. He shrugs and sits next to a random Ravenclaw guy.

I hear Lavander Brown about to make a comment about what I just told Harry, but she was cut off by Weasley as he bursted into the room. He looked relieved for a moment, but he paled slightly when the cat that was on the teacher's desk transformed into Professor McGonagall. 

Pretty cool, if I say so myself. I'll ask her later how she did it, I want to do it too.

She then started the lesson, and all we did was theory. McGonagall said that we would do theory the first two or three lessons, but that we would then start doing some practical lessons. It was a quite reasonable plan, although I couldn't wait for the practical part.

The history lessons were a completely different thing. First of all, the subject was taught by a ghost! And then there was the fact that it was so hard not to fall asleep. His voice was like a monotone voice recording, never stopping until it didn't have anything else to say and an annoying voice.

But I found it interesting, what he was saying (when you get past the sleepyness and his monotone voice). I took plenty of notes about the First Goblin War and I then turned them into a poem to help me memorise them. 

Harry, who was next to me, did fall asleep and Blaise was drawring what started to look like a goblin. 

Harry's POV

We didn't have any lessons with Neville today, so Soleil couldn't meet him. But that wasn't much of a problem, as tomorrow we have Herbology with the Hufflepuffs first thing in the morning. 

It was near midnight now, I entered the bathroom and used my wand to create a rainbow with a spell I had invented. I threw a drachma in and asked to see Nico.

"Harry?"

"Nico!" I exclaimed silently. "I've got so much to tell you! Is Will with you too?"

"Yeah, okay, wait a moment."

Nico disappeared from the Iris Message for a moment before re-appearing with Will.

"Harry! It's so nice to see you!"

"I've missed you all so much, but I've got a lot to tell you, mainly because all of this is a whole new level of weirdness."