19

Harry's POV

As soon as Madam Hooch had disappeared from our sight with Neville, Ronald grabbed something from the ground. He took it from where Neville had fallen and it looked round and shiny. 

"Look what Longbottom had!" He shouted as he raised it above his head.

Oh, it was the rememberall that his grandmother had sent him. Oh! 

"Hey! Give it back!" I exclaimed, opening my hand for him to place the rememberall in.

"Why should I? I could put it to some good use!"

"Just give it back, Weasley."

"Come and get me!" And the carrot-head with no brains mounted his broom and flew upwards, high above the ground.

I gulped. There was no way that I could, or would, go after him now. "Come down, you thief!"

"Why don't you come up and get it, Potter? Are you scared?!" The idiotic Weasley shouted at me.

"Maybe he is, but I'm not!" A girl's voice exclaimed from somewhere to my right. 

The next thing I know, Soleil is on a broom. She's flying up above next to Ronald with the most angry expression I think she could've ever had. (I found out later on that that wasn't her angriest face.) 

The next few things happened too fast. Ronald taunted her more and threw Neville's rememberall high in the air. Soleil did some fast and cool movements on the broom and managed to catch the rememberall without damaging it.

Soleil's POV

"SOLEIL SUMMER! GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!"

I did as Professor McGonagall ordered me to do. I handed the rememberall to Hermione and went towards where the Professor stood. She grabbed me by the cloak and dragged me away, inside the castle.

"Professor!" I exclaimed. "In my defence, Ronald had taken Neville's rememberall and I was just taking it back before he broke it!"

"You could've gotten seriously hurt! I have not seen moves like those on a broom since Charlie Weasley was in school!"

"What-?"

"Silence, Miss Summer."

She then knocked on a classroom's door. She asked for wood. Why would she need wood? Was she going to burn me on a stake, are they? They won't kill me like with the Witches of Salem? The witches and wizards wouldn't do that to one of their own kind, would they?

Instead of wood, a boy came out of the classroom. Professor McGonagall took us to an empty classroom and locked the door, with the three of us in there.

"Wood, this is Soleil Summer. Summer, this is Oliver Wood."

Oops, so it's a boy... Not wood. Well, I guess I'm not being burned.

"She's your new seeker."

I'm his new what?

"Are you sure, Professor?" Wood asked her. "I mean, she's a first year after all."

"First of all, I can do whatever I set my mind to. Second of all, what's a seeker?" I asked.

Wood looked at Professor McGonagall, letting out a deep breath. He then looked at me and said, "I'll teach you everything about quidditch at our first practice."

"Quidditch? What's that?" I asked. "And what kind of name is that?"

Wood looked as if he was about to drop dead on the spot. He blinked at me several times, as if he was processing what I had just told him. Professor McGonagall had a hand on top of her chest, just above where the heart should be.

"Go to your next class, Miss Summer, before you give us both a heart attack," Professor McGonagall said, shooing me away.

_____________________

I know, I know.

It's been, what, a month since I last posted? And a chapter that is half the usual length. 

My most sincere apollo-gies, but my only excuse is writers block, a couple of exams and...

That's it. Those are my lame-ass excuses for not writing and posting as often and the chapters being short.

Hopefully the next chapter will be the usual length and quality.

See ya!

L.Lupin

P.S: Have a lovely weekend and hope that you enjoyed the chapter! :)