13

Neville Longbottom's POV    [A/N: you weren't expecting that either, were you?]

I had lost Trevor again. I keep losing him! I searched for him all over the train, I even entered some compartments to ask around, but nothing got me closer to finding out where he was. 

One of the compartments only had a red haired boy that seemed to be around my age. I opened the door, gaining the boys attention. 

"Oh, um, hi."

"Hello?" he said back. 

"I'm searching for my toad, I lost it again. Have you seen it?"

"Nah, I haven't."

"Okay, thanks."

As I was leaving I heard him say to himself. "A bloody toad. Who the bloody hell wants a toad as a pet? You would have to be a crazy one to want one."

I decided not to let his words offend me. At least I could afford a pet, he looked very poor by the state of his clothes.

I saw another compartment. This one also had people around my age, but there was four of them. They looked so posh and bratty that I didn't even want to look at them. I quickly passed by, still searching for Trevor. 

I heard several screams coming from a compartment that wasn't too far away from me. Without giving it a second thought, I opened the door to the compartment. 

I saw a bushy haired girl standing on the seat and pointing her wand at something I couldn't see. A rich looking boy was shrieking, trying to stand as far away on the seat from the thing that the girl was pointing her wand at. A boy wearing a flower crown was trying to hold something that was trying to escape his hold. 

"Get it out! Get it out!" the rich looking boy screamed. 

"Shut up, Blaise!" the girl shouted.

The thing leaped out of the flowery boy's grip and jumped onto the floor. It was Trevor! I quickly picked him up and gave him a quick scolding for escaping again. I then put him back in his traveling cage, making sure that the lock wouldn't open again. 

"S-sorry about Trevor..." I stuttered slightly.

"Don't worry, accidents can happen!" the boy with the flower crown grinned at me. "I'm Harry Potter, and you are?"

"Neville Longbottom." Harry Potter had found my toad. Harry Potter. I can't freak out, he probably doesn't like it when people do it. Fame isn't everything, my gran taught me.

"Hermione Granger." the girl said.

"Blaise Zabini." the rich boy said as he sat back down.

"I'm so glad you guys had Trevor. I had asked other people, but none of them helped much. There even was this red haired boy that insulted me for having a toad."

Hermione's expression turned into a frown as I said that, Harry's gace looked as if he was thinking and Blaise's mouth was opening and closing like a fish out of water.

"He was very rude to me too," Hermione broke the silence. "That is why I left and ended up here. You can stay with us if you want."

The two boys nodded their approval, allowing me to stay. "Thanks," and I sat down. 

Harry's POV

"Hermione, you said that the red haired boy's name is Ronald Weasley." Hermione nodded, stating that I was correct. I then turned my attention to Blaise, "What do you know about the Weasley family?" 

"They have a very bad reputation. They are called blood traitors, for being purebloods that mix with muggleborns. They're terribly poor too, having seven children and only the father works. I think the two eldest don't go to Hogwarts anymore and the youngest is too young to get her letter. They all look the same: red hair, freckles, blue eyes and they're usually tall."

I think about it for a while. I might search for the other Weasleys that there are at school, I want to know if being an idiot runs in their blood or if it's just Ronald.

The train stopped and we quickly got off, sticking together. There was this huge amount of students that were going towards some carriages that were being pulled by thestrals. Then there was this enormous man that kept shouting "First years!" super loud with this very weird accent. We made our way to him, us being first years and all. 

He was strange. I could swear that he was a giant, but he wasn't big enough to be one. I'll should Nico later on when I IM him. 

Seeing as we had to cross a lake, I prayed to Uncle Poseidon. You see, I didn't feel like dying tonight. Neville, Blaise, Hermione and I sat in one boat together, dicussing what house we thought we would be sorted into and how we would be sorted. 

When the castle came into view, I didn't need Annabeth's architecture skills to know how beautiful and amazing it looked. It also looked very old.

Once we reached the shore, I thanked Uncle Poseidon. I didn't want to drown, thank you very much. I looked at Hermione, she wasn't trying to hide her curiosity and excitement, her bright smile said it all. On the other hand, Blaise looked a bit bored, but I knew that was just a facade. I was glad to see that Neville had a tight grip on his toad Trevor, I don't think anyone would be pleased to see it hopping around the castle. 

The giant/man guy took us inside of the castle and left us with a stern looking witch. She was wearing emerald robes, a tight bun and a pointy hat. 

"That's Professor McGonagall," Hermione whispered next to me.

Professor McGonagall just stood there for a few minutes that seemed eternal to me (thanks ADHD). "I am Professor McGonagall. When all the students in the Great Hall settle down, you will all come in. You will then be sorted into your houses: Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. When I come back, I want you all to be dressed correctly and look presentable." She then quickly left the room to wherever she might have gone.

A/N:

Last requests for where to sort them!

Where should I sort Harry?

Where should I sort Hermione?

Where should I sort Blaise?

Where should I sort Neville?

Merry late Christmas and Happy New Year! For those of you that have other religions or just don't celebrate it, Happy Holidays!!!

L.Lupin