15

Harry's POV

Dumbledore's speach was as strange and just as weird as his robes. Ronald kept trying to talk to me, but I ignored him and talked to the other people around me.

"Hi!" A super active voice said from my left. "I'm Soleil Summer!"

The voice came from a blonde that was sitting next to me. Her hair was a mixture of messy curls and waves, the colour being such a bright blonde that it could pass as yellow. Her eyes were bright, light blue and her face had too many freckles to count. 

"Hello, I'm Harry Potter." I stretched out my hand so that she would shake it, but she high fived me instead. 

"I'm so excited and happy to be here, and you?" she had so much energy, that I'm not sure that even I could reach such level of activeness.

"I am, although I'm leaving many loved ones behind and that makes me a bit sad."

Soleil nodded so fast that her head could have popped off. "Same, I'm leaving my mum. That worries me because my dad also left us and now she's all alone."

"You can always send her letters, that's what I'll do," I told her, but that was just half of the truth. I would also be sending Iris Messages. 

"Oh, I definitely will."

Soleil's POV

I came up with half a lie for Harry, I couldn't just spill all my secrets. I mean, my dad did kind of leave us, but he had to. He's a Greek God after all. Although mom wouldn't tell me which one was my father, I did have my suspicions. 

"Ahem, just a few more words now that we are all fed and watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you."

People fell silent, waiting for the Gandalf rip-off to speak.

"First years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well. I have also been asked by Mr. Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors. Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of the term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact Madam Hooch. And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death."

Only a very few students laughed. I mean, why would he tell us this? People will now be more curious and probably go there. I looked around to see people's reactions. A pair of red haired twins were looking at each other, a smirk adorned their faces. Harry had a frown on his face, his head tilted to the side. 

"Does he want students to die?" he asked to nobody in particular. 

"I know right?" I answered back. "The only thing left is that he won't place any staff members to patrol around the corridor so that students can easily get in."

"Don't jinx it!" Harry laughed. 

The Gryffindor prefects showed us the way to the Gryffindor common tower. The male prefect looked like the red haired twins that were sitting near me during dinner. It was a long way, people tripped on stairs that had unknown missing steps or changing direction because the stairs decided to move. 

But I'm not going to complain, it was very cool and exciting. Harry was smiling slightly next to me and a mini version of the male prefect was huffing and puffing somewhere behind me. That boy was too loud for his own good. 

The female prefect said a password to a painting (I'm counting on Harry to remember it) and it swung open, revealing a red and gold room. 

The common room looked very cozy, although I would have chosen some different colours for the decoration. The gold could stay, but the scarlet red gave off bad and violent vibes. Or that could just be me. 

The prefects told us the one of the stairs lead to the girls' rooms and the other to the boys' room. They then advised us not to go to bed too late or we wouldn't wake up in time for class. But lucky enough for me, I'm a morning person. Mum says it has to do with who my dad is, but I'm not sure if that's true.

"Hey! Harry!" I tried to grasp his attention.

"Yeah?" He said, turning around to face me.

"Do you have any other friends so far?" I couldn't possibly be the first person to befriend him, he was such a nice person. 

"So far I've got a friend in each house. Neville in Hufflepuff, Hermione in Ravenclaw, Blaise in Slytherin and I've got you in Gryffindor with me."

"Oh, you will surely let me meet your newest aquaintances, won't you Mr Potter?"

"I wouldn't even doubt it, Miss Summer."

Harry's POV

We didn't have much more of a conversation before we were ushered upstairs and into bed. On the door for the first years, the names of the people that shared the room were written on a golden rectangle. 

Seamus Finnigan
Harry Potter
Soleil Summer
Dean Thomas
Ronald Weasley

Soleil? But wasn't she a girl? Why would they put her in a room full of boys? It made absolutely no sense at all. I knew that my room mates were also confused about it. 

We heard someone talking and people going up the stairs, towards our room door. I could identify one of the voices as Soleil's, which was the one that was doing most of the talking.

"Professor McGonagall?" Ronald said as soon as she came into view. "Why is a girl our room mate?"

"Because, Mr Weasley, there isn't enough space in the girls' room and Miss Summer was the only one that volunteered to be with the boys."

"But what if she's a perv? What if she volunteered just to watch us boys change and weird stuff like that?" Ronald kept protesting. 

Oh my gods! What was he trying to accomplish with this?

But before Professor McGonagall could answer, Soleil did. "You better watch what you're saying, Ronald. If I catch you only once looking at me, we'll see who the perv is!"