Mini preference: How they react to you having a pet hamster and a pet tarantula

Requested by: Pika-Chibihiro
Characters: Noah, Cody, Duncan, Dj, Mike and Cameron
-

Noah

Noah might make a snarky comment about the contrasting natures of the two animals. He would most likely say something like, "Well, I see you've got the perfect balance of creepy crawlies and fluffy little cuties. It's like a circus of conflicting pet personalities in here. Hope they don't start a turf war."

Noah might also come up with clever names for the pets, poking fun at their contrasting appearances and behaviors. For the tarantula, he could suggest a name like "Fluffy" to playfully emphasize the irony and the hamster, he might suggest a name like "Tiny Terror."

He likes to make jokes about the situation, but does care about your pets since they mean a lot to you.

Cody

Cody would likely have a mixed reaction to your pets. At first, he might feel a bit uncomfortable or nervous around the tarantula due to its size and intimidating appearance. He might be hesitant to handle or be too close to it, expressing fear or anxiety.

However, he would be more at ease with the hamster. He would find it adorable and would eagerly want to interact with it. He might offer to hold and play with the hamster, coming up with silly nicknames or inventing little games to entertain it.

Cody would try to impress you though by overcoming his fear of the Tarantula. He would research about tarantulas, seeking information on their behavior and ways to handle them safely. He might even attempt to hold the tarantula, despite being afraid, as a gesture to prove his bravery and dedication to you.

Cody would do anything to make you happy, even if it means facing scary pets.

Duncan

Duncan tries to maintain his tough guy image and acts like he doesn't care at first. He has a soft spot for animals but doesn't like to show it.

"Oh great, a furry critter and a hairy terror. Just what I needed in my life. Don't expect me to start cuddling with those things." He says, avoiding your gaze.

However, Duncan might secretly find the pets intriguing or even cute in his own unique way. He might show occasional moments of curiosity or appreciation towards the tarantula and hamster, although he would likely try to keep that side hidden.

It would take time before he gets more involved with your pets. He reluctantly agrees to feed them or clean their habitats, grumbling about it the whole time but secretly enjoying the responsibility. He would develop a soft spot for the hamster, secretly giving it extra treats or spending time watching it play when no one else is around.

Dj

Dj  would see the tarantula and the hamster as living creatures deserving of love and care despite their appearances. DJ would express genuine interest in learning about their needs and behaviors, wanting to ensure they are well taken care of.

At first, Dj would be scared of the tarantula but would remind himself that it's just another living being and would try to overcome any fears or reservations. He would even do some research on tarantulas to better understand their habits and how to handle them safely.

As for the hamster, DJ would find it adorable. He would eagerly offer to help take care of it, volunteering to feed it, clean its cage, and create a comfortable environment for the little furry creature. He would even come up with creative ideas to enrich the hamster's life, such as building a mini obstacle course or providing different toys for it to play with.

He could be seen talking softly to them often, petting the hamster gently, and even finding moments of bonding or connection with the tarantula. He's a big animal lover and of course he would extend that love to yours.

Mike

Because Mike has DID, it would depend on which alter is in control.

Because we are focusing on Mike, he would react with curiosity and interest. He would be open minded and ask questions on their behavior and how to care for them. He would also enjoy observing and interacting with them.

"Y/N, why is Fluffy doing that?" Mike asks, referring to the Tarantula crawling on his arm.

You chuckled, petting the spider, "That means he likes you."

Cameron

Cameron is known for being incredibly cautious and easily frightened, so he can be apprehensive about your choice of pets. The presence of a tarantula would likely trigger his arachnophobia, making him feel uneasy and on edge around it. He has worked to overcome it, as seen in TDAS, but sometimes memories of it can come back.

Cameron most likely feels more at ease with the hamster. He might even embrace the opportunity to bond with it, spending time playing with it and learning how to properly care for it.  He would spend more time with the hamster, but would try to work through his arachnophobia with the tarantula.

As I mentioned, he did sort of overcome his fear of spiders in TDAS, but sometimes memories can come back and he'll need to take it one step at a time.

Just never invite Izzy to come over though.