Distractions - Lightning x reader

Requested by: Shiroroooo
AU: High school
-

You and Lightning were partnered together in your English class. As the days went by, you noticed that Lightning seems to have developed a crush on you.

Every class begins with you two sitting next to each other, and Lightning wastes no time in his attempts to impress you. However, his focus on sports becomes increasingly evident.

One morning, as the teacher began the lesson, Lightning leaned over to you with a confident grin. "Hey, Y/N, did I tell you about the epic touchdown I made during last night's football game? It was like Lightning struck and guided me to the end zone!"

You smiled politely, trying to show interest in his stories while also paying attention to the lesson. "That sounds amazing, Lightning, but maybe we should focus on the lesson for now?"

Lightning nodded, seemingly agreeing, but his attention quickly drifted back to you. Just a few minutes later, he tapped your shoulder excitedly. "Y/N, guess what? I set a new record in the track meet yesterday! My speed was so sha-fast, even the cheetahs would be jealous!"

You chuckled, finding his excitement cute. "That's incredible, Lightning! Remember, we need to concentrate on our English class right now."

As the class began a poetry analysis, Lightning nudged you with a mischievous smile. "Y/N, prepare to be amazed! This poem reminds me of a basketball game. The metaphors are like my slam dunks, and the rhythm is as smooth as my sha-dribbling skills!"

You giggled. "Lightning, that's such quite a unique way to interpret poetry."

After class, you decided to talk to Lightning about his obvious attempts to impress you.

"Hey, Lightning, can we talk for a moment?"

Lightning turned towards you, a hopeful glimmer in his eyes. "Sure thing, Y/N! What's on your mind?"

You take a moment to gather your thoughts before continuing. "I appreciate your enthusiasm and all the stories you've shared with me. However, I want you to know that you don't have to impress me with your sporting achievements. I like you just the way you are."

Lightning got visibly surprised, "Really, Y/N? You mean it?"

You nodded, smiling genuinely. "Yes, Lightning. I enjoy our conversations, and I'd love to get to know you beyond sports."

Lightning's grin widened, and he wrapped you in a tight hug. "Sha-bam!"

You laughed, then returned the hug, "You're so sweet, Lightning."