Out of it - Mike x GN!reader

Requested by: _Rokusmart_
Setting: Mike's house
-

Y/N was so out of it. They have fallen sick for the last few days and as a result, they kept mumbling or repeating random sentences that don't make sense. Mike found this concerning yet adorable at the same time.

Mike sat by Y/N's side, a concerned expression etched on his face. It was Mike's duty as their partner to take care of them. He gently brushed a strand of hair away from their forehead, feeling the heat radiating from their feverish skin.

Y/N was curled up in bed, their eyes closed as they drifted in and out of sleep. Every now and then, they would stir and mumble something unintelligible. Mike couldn't help but smile at the adorably random things that escaped Y/N's lips.

"Why am I awake?" Y/N mumbled, their voice laced with confusion.

Mike leaned in closer, his voice soft and soothing. "You're awake because you're not feeling well, Y/N. But don't worry, I'm here with you."

Y/N's brow furrowed, and they repeated, "Why am I awake?"

Mike chuckled lightly, realizing that Y/N was trapped in a loop of their own thoughts. "It's because you need rest, my dear. You've been sleeping a lot, and now it's time to wake up for a little bit."

Y/N's eyes fluttered open, and they blinked up at Mike, momentarily startled. "What time is it?" they asked, their voice filled with sleep-induced confusion.

Mike glanced at the clock on the bedside table and replied, "It's 2 p.m., Y/N. You've been sleeping for a while now."

Y/N's lips curled into a playful pout. "I don't like being awake at 2 p.m."

Mike grinned, finding their words endearing. "Well, you're allowed to be awake at any time when you're not feeling well. I'll stay with you, no matter the hour."

Y/N reached out a weak hand to grab Mike's. "Thank you for taking care of me."

"Of course, Y/N. Taking care of you is the least I can do. Now, how about we try to get some rest together? I'll be right here by your side."

Y/N nodded and Mike scooted over, feeling their head and cuddling them close as they drifted back to sleep. Every now and then, Mike would get up and get chicken soup to feed Y/N, along with some orange juice, making sure their appetite was balanced. Mike made sure to balance them getting rest and having the nutrients to fight their sickness.

"Stop waking me up." Y/N groaned as Mike began to spoon feed them.

Mike chuckled, "Come on, Y/N. Just one bite."

"Then can I go back to sleep?"

"Of course, sleepy head."