EIGᕼTEEᑎ

~The next day~

SEOKJIN

Today was the day. Yoongi's funeral.

Currently, I was in the Golden Pod with Hoseok finding me a black cloak to wear. I don't like wearing black, so I don't own any black cloaks. Hoseok is busy in his huge closet while I'm sitting on his bed, staring at my lap.

The thought that Yoongi actually died is really starting to weigh down on me now. I haven't given it much thought since I fell asleep in Namjoon's arms from all the crying; the fact that we're supposedly soulmates has been keeping my mind busy.

I almost had a breakdown at lunch today, but Hoseok comforted me. I stayed at his pod overnight because I couldn't deal with seeing Namjoon after I found out we were soulmates, so Hoseok insisted that I stay. We had a fight last night because he said our best option is to send him back to the human world, but I argued and argued until my voice didn't work anymore. When we woke up, we were back to normal.

He cried a bit during breakfast, but I comforted him like he did to me during lunch. We just finished lunch, and I hadn't seen Namjoon all day yet.

"This should fit," Hoseok sighed, holding out a long cloak with golden embroidery. I told it and nodded in thanks.

He left the room, allowing me to change. I idly stripped from my pajamas, slipping on the cloak instead. I stared at myself in the mirror, taking in my ruffled hair and creased cloak. I straightened it out lazily, not removing my eyes from my reflection.

I noticed the slight bags under my eyes from not much sleep last night, and the tiny red spot that will be a pimple tomorrow. I was busy staring at my flaws when Hoseok came in.

"You alright, honey?" He asked. I nodded stiffly. I heard Hoseok sigh again and his footsteps leading to where I stood. He cupped my shoulders, leaning his forehead on the crown of my head.

"I know it's a tough time right now," he whispered, massaging my shoulders. "Let's focus on Yoongi today, hm? Namjoon won't understand how you're supposed to be soulmates, so let's worry about that later. I'll explain everything to him."

"Thank you," I murmured, closing my eyes and leaning into Hoseok. He removed his hands from my shoulders and slung them around my neck instead.

We stood there for a while in silence, each drowning in our own thoughts. I wanted today to be about Yoongi, but Namjoon was lingering in the back of my head and he refused to get out. I didn't know how I would possibly tell him that we're soulmates, even though there's a very good chance he'd have to go back to the human world. A tear threatened to escape but I quickly wiped it away.

NAMJOON

I hadn't seen Jin since last night and I didn't know where he was, so I was panicking. Of course, I knew he can take care of himself, but it's unusual for him to wander off like that.

Currently, I'm on my way to Yoongi's funeral, which is being held at the tombstone he took me to after my acceptance speech. The end of the foyer had a large space where the casket will go with a podium behind it. Tens upon hundreds of rows of chairs lined the hall, a gap in the middle for the casket to be carried up. It sort of reminded me of a wedding, except this was the opposite of happy.

Most residents of Direrock already took their seats, so everywhere I looked it was black. The seats were lined alphabetically, so that meant I was somewhere around Jin and Taehyung. Unfortunately, Kim is a very common last name.

I went to find my seat, my eyes lighting up when I saw that "Kim Namjoon" was beside "Kim Seokjin". Taehyung was on the other side of Jin. I almost laughed when I saw how big my chair was compared to the others.