TᗯEᑎTY ᔕEᐯEᑎ

~The day of the Medieval Dance~

NAMJOON

The dance was very soon, and everyone was freaking out and running around. Even some of the fairies that claimed to be tough and cold-hearted were excited.

Apparently, the dance would start after dinner, which was in an hour. I hadn't seen Jin all day since Lord Hoseok was dolling him up at the Golden Pod, so I had the pod to myself today.

Earlier, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook broke in while I was showering to make me look handsome, which is where I am now.

"Would you hurry up in there?" Jimin shouted impatiently, clearly waiting outside of the bathroom door.

"Shut up, I'll be there in a minute," I snapped. Can't a man have any peace around here?

When I left the bathroom, Taehyung shoved a cloak in my face. I couldn't lie, it looked magnificent.

It was a dazzling blue, not the navy that I wore at my acceptance ceremony, but a more elegant blue. It had red cuffs and fancy silver clasps along the middle, which were slightly hanging. It reached a little beyond my feet, splaying out evenly on the floor behind.

"Try it on, Namjoon!" Jungkook urged, getting the blow dryer ready. I took it from Taehyung and disappeared to the bathroom again.

I needed help with the clasps which Jimin assisted me with, but it was so worth the extra maintenance. If I looked this good, Jin would look absolutely stunning.

When I stepped out, the boys whistled lowly and clapped.

"Damn," Jimin breathed. Taehyung looked at him pointedly and Jimin noticed.

"What? I'm just saying he looks good," Jimin defended. Taehyung chuckled and rolled his eyes. I hadn't taken the time to realize that they were also wearing their cloaks, and they looked very handsome.

Jungkook wore a deep purple cloak with a sheer cape, silver embroidery lining the sleeve cuffs. Taehyung had a black cloak with a golden pattern all over, making him look extremely elegant. Jimin wore a playful yellow cloak with golden embroidery, which complimented the yellow. He also did a bit of light makeup, which I thought was cute.

"You guys look great," I breathed, starting to feel a bit insecure about my own look.

"Not nearly as good as you do," Jungkook complimented, awestruck. "Now get over here, we need to do your hair."

I sat on the bed, allowing Jungkook to dry my hair, Jimin put some subtle and bronze eyeshadow on my eyelids, and Taehyung watched over the whole work.

"Oh, my legs are tired, can I sit on your lap, Joonie-Woonie?" Jimin pouted mockingly.

Oh my fucking God.

"You're really gonna use this against me?" I raised my eyebrows, making Jimin mess up.

"Stay still! And yes, I will."

"My wings don't work, let me sit on your lap and kiss you," Taehyung mocked, clasping his hands together and putting them against his jaw. They all started making kissy noises, even Jungkook who I thought I could trust.

"Don't join them!" I whined indignantly. Jungkook giggled a bit and kept making his kissy noises.

I sighed dramatically, making them all laugh. Whatever, as long as they're happy.

SEOKJIN

"Hoseok!" I sobbed, my makeup running down my face. "He's gonna think I'm hideous!"

"Jin, sweetie, stop crying!" Hoseok shouted. "He'll think you're beautiful like he always does!"

I stopped crying. "He told you that?"

"Well, no, but-"

I cut him off with more wailing.

"JIN, PLEASE!"

I stopped crying at the desperation in his voice, though it was difficult. Eventually, I only hiccupped and sniffled, allowing Hoseok to do my makeup. When he was done, I stood up in the mirror.

If Namjoon doesn't think I look gorgeous, he's blind. I wore a white cloak, splaying out a few feet behind me when I walked. The actual cloak part was a bit sheer, while underneath was a white dress shirt with a fancy collar, along with a pair of white slacks. The cloak included a flower-looking clasp, giving it a nice touch. Being the son of the Light Clan king, a faint glow radiated off me. As if white wasn't bright enough!

I also wore a fancy flower crown that consisted of light, natural colours. It was a bit more poofy than my normal crown, but it was a special night after all.

"You look stunning, Jinnie," Hoseok smiled.

"As do you," I replied. He did indeed, with his emerald green cloak and curled hair. "I wish Yoongi could be here," I sighed.

"He's always with us, buddy," Hoseok cupped my shoulder. "No matter where we are."

"Right," I looked up at the mirror to meet his soft gaze in the reflection, smiling a bit.

"Now let's go, the feast is starting soon."

NAMJOON

"Let's go, let's go!" Jimin urged, dragging me out the door. Jungkook couldn't exactly fly, but he could climb and jump, so he jumped down with ease and waited for us at the bottom.

Jimin and Taehyung held onto my arms as they flew me down slowly, avoiding the possibility of messing up my hair. When I touched down, they let go and ran to the Golden Pod.

I couldn't suppress a "woah" when I saw behind the pod; it looked even better at night than it did in the day, the lights and lanterns giving the garden a soft glow. We walked through together under the canopy, admiring the decor in awe.

Most of Direrock was already there, so it was impossible to find Jin. I sat down glumly beside Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook as Lord Hoseok started his speech from the head of the table.

"I don't have much to say this year without our King, but that doesn't mean I have nothing," everybody waited expectantly. "Dig in!"

Everyone laughed and cheered as fairies came out of the kitchen with huge platters of food, setting it down on the table. Mountains of mashed potatoes and chicken legs and stews were displayed in front of us, and Jungkook was basically drooling.

We all loaded our plates to the point where food began to fall off, shoving it down our throats. I didn't stop looking for Jin the entire time, but I failed to find him. He was probably sitting at the head of the table with Lord Hoseok.

Not many words were exchanged during the feast; everyone was too busy eating. I saw the chefs bring a few platters of food by the creek, probably for the mermaids. Hours went by, and all the food was gone. Lord Hoseok stood up once more.

"Let the Medieval Dance begin!"