ᑎIᑎETEEᑎ

~Five hours later~

SEOKJIN

Words couldn't describe how grateful I was for Namjoon. When we got back to the pod, he told me about how he worked on that speech for days, making sure it was just perfect for Yoongi. Now, we're getting ready for Yoongi's burial.

Namjoon stepped out in his black outfit from earlier, offering his arm politely to me. I don't care about distancing myself from him anymore, it's not like I succeeded anyways.

He smiled down at me as I took his arm, leading me out the door. What a gentleman.

I leaned my head on his soft shoulder as we made our way down the painfully long stairs, but the agony was worth it to be with Namjoon. Someone else was trying to get by us apparently, but I didn't notice until Namjoon placed an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I could feel the blood rush to my face and the butterflies were awoken in my stomach the instant his hand made contact with my waist. I saw the ghost of Namjoon's smirk from the corner of my eyes.

I'm pretty certain that Namjoon has a crush on me too, but we just can't date. It's too dangerous for both of us, but mostly Namjoon. I could never live with myself if he got hurt because of me.

"Seokjin hyung," a familiar voice sang.

"Yes, Jimin?" I smiled softly, showing Namjoon off with my eyes. Jimin smirked.

"We need to talk. Without Namjoon."

I shot Namjoon a confused look, but he allowed me to go with Jimin. The latter grabbed my arm and the second he started leading me away, I saw Taehyung abduct Namjoon too. Oh no.

"Jimin, could you not see I was having a good time?" I pouted, resting my hands on my hips.

"Yeah, too good of a time," Jimin scoffed. "Hyung, c'mon, you know you can't date him, it's too dangerous."

"Yeah, about that," I giggled nervously. His eyes widened.

"No," he said, slightly angry. "Jin, do not tell me that you're dating."

"No, no! No, of course not," I clarified. "I know the consequences but..." I looked down at my feet, wringing my hands. "We're kinda maybe sorta supposed to be soulmates." I said in one breath.

"Huh? Slow down," Jimin huffed.

"We are soulmates," I said loudly and clearly. I regretted what I said after seeing Jimin's expression, clapping a hand over my mouth.

"Jin, please tell me you're lying."

I shook my head.

"You know what this means, right?"

"I know, he'll have to go back to the human world," I sighed. I cut Jimin off before he could speak again. "But I'll protect him! I'm a capable fighter, Jimin, I'm not as delicate as everyone thinks."

"Hyung, I know you're capable, you're probably even better than me, but you can't do everything at once. What happens if someone hurts Namjoon while you're busy?"

"I-" I sighed. "I don't know, just please trust me, I don't want him to have to go back," I pouted.

"Jin, are you in love with him?"

I hesitated. Am I in love with Namjoon? Or am I just in love with the fact he's a human? I made up my mind.

"Yes, Jimin, I am in love with him."

NAMJOON

I watched Jin disappear around the corner, soon being snatched by someone else. I turned around and saw Taehyung.