6) Who?

"Where've you been?" Ada asks, when Kezia finally shows the next morning.

The elder sister shrugs, "don't know."

That was the truth. Kezia had woken up alone in a bedroom she didn't recognise. She'd fucked up. She didn't know exactly what had happened, but she knew she'd fucked up. If Beatrice ever found out, she was in deep shit. Kez knows they aren't together, but she also knows that Bea would be hurt to know that the same day Kezia had said she loved her, she had then spent that night in a random persons bed.

"You look rough," Ada comments.

"I feel rough," Kezia says.

"You're in the same clothes as when you left the meeting," Ada hums.

"I'll make you a deal," Kez states, "you don't tell anybody about this and I won't tell about whatever is going on with you and Freddie."

"How do you know about that?" Ada gasps.

"An older sister always knows," Kezia responds, "now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to freshen myself up."

Kez now remembers that Tommy came with her to the pub, surely he'd know where she went or at least who she went with.

She knocks on his bedroom door, "Tom?"

Tommy opens his door, "finally home are you?"

"What did I do?" Kez groans.

"Not a what rather a who," Tommy responds, "and the 'who' might make you want to shoot yourself."

"Just tell me," Kezia demands.

"Candace," Tommy states, watching with amusement as the realisation settles in, her eyes widening, "please tell me it's another woman with the same name."

"I'd be lying if I told you that," Tommy replies.

"Oh no," Kez mumbles, before visibly shivering, "why would you let me do that?"

"I tried to convince you to come home but you were having none of it," Tommy chuckles.

"This is not a funny situation, Thomas," Kez exclaims, "I'm going to wash my mouth out with bleach."

"I'm going to say this because I am only 5% sure that you are joking, do not put bleach in your mouth," Tommy states.

"I feel nauseous," Kez says.

"Hungover from all that drinking? Or regret from sleeping with Candace?" Tommy queries.

"Both. A bad mixture of both," Kez responds, "oh my god, she knows where I work, she knows where I go to drink, she knows where I live."

"You don't really think she'd show up at any of those places, do you?" Tommy sighs.

"I do," Kez states.

"You haven't spoken in years, she might've changed," Tommy suggests.

"I sure as shit fucking hope so," Kezia grumbles, hanging her head as she goes into the bathroom.

"No drinking bleach!" Tommy shouts after her, as she slams the door shut.

-

"What can I get for you?" Beatrice asks the brunette who had just entered the pub, looking around before heading for the bar.

"Is Kezia here?" Candace queries.

"No," Bea responds.

"Will she be here at any point this evening?" Candace asks.

"Probably here, might be at the Chain," Bea states, "are you getting anything to drink?"

"I think I might actually," Candace nods, "a vodka tonic, please."