45) First Night

"Finn, what are you doing here?" Tess asks, opening her front door and finding the youngest Shelby sibling stood on her doorstep.

"Afternoon, Tess, is Tommy here? I couldn't find him back home," Finn replies.

"Yes, come on in," Tess smiles, holding the door for him to enter her home, "Tommy, Finns here!"

"Finn?" Tommy repeats, walking into the kitchen, "everything alright, Finn?"

Finn nods, hesitating and shaking his head, "no, this was a stupid idea, I'll be off now."

"Finn, what is it?" Tommy questions.

"Don't worry, all is okay," Finn states.

"Finn," Tommy says, folding his arms over his chest and raising an eyebrow at his younger brother.

"Okay, okay," Finn sighs, "I was trying to find you because I wanted to know when you're next going to visit Monaghan Boy."

"Tomorrow... why?" Tommy responds.

"I was wondering if maybe, perhaps, I could... come with you?" Finn says.

"I didn't know you liked horses?" Tess inquires.

"They're fascinating, and I'd like to know more about them," Finn states, "Tommy is the most knowledgeable person I know when it comes to horses."

"You can come," Tommy nods, "we'll be leaving at midday."

-

"I know," Bea laughs down the phone in Kez's workshop, capturing Kez's attention, she turns to look at Bea, as she exclaims, "yes, I know!"

"Who are you talking to?" Kezia asks, but Beatrice hushes her, turning back to the phone, "of course I'm excited. I can't wait. Hopefully I'll get to see you soon."

"See who soon?" Kez questions.

"Sorry, Kez is asking me something, one moment," Bea says, looking across the shop to Kez, "everything alright?"

"Who are you speaking to?" Kez queries.

"Why don't you come and find out?" Bea says, speaking back into the phone, "Kez is coming to say hi."

"Who am I saying hi to?" Kez asks, walking across the shop, Bea passing the earpiece to her, awkwardly Kez speaks into the phone, "hello?"

"Morning, Kez," Ada's voice responds.

"Ada?" Kez smiles, "how are you?"

"I'm good, Karl's just said his first words!" Ada informs excitedly.

"That's wonderful news," Kezia replies.

"It's not the only wonderful news from what I hear," Ada says, and Kez hums, leaning against the wall, "what've you heard?"

"You asked Bea to live with you," Ada states, "she seems really happy, Kez, thank you."

"You're welcome?" Kez replies.

"I just mean I like that you're both making each other happy," Ada says, "and don't you stop else me and you will be having some words."

Kez laughs, "okay, Ada."

"I'm not joking, you know I don't joke when it comes to Bea," Ada replies.

"I know you're not joking," Kez says, "it's just funny that you think that talk will ever have to happen."

"That's what I like to hear," Ada states.

"Are you happy, Ada? Is London all you thought it would be?" Kezia questions.

"No dangerous run-ins so far, don't you worry," Ada assures.

"I asked if you were happy, I know you're safe, you would've called me if you were unsafe," Kezia replies.

"I'm happy, Kez, I actually quite like it here, I made a friend, his name is James, he's a writer," Ada says.

"That's good," Kez nods, albeit futile as Ada couldn't physically see her.

"Can I finish speaking to her now?" Bea asks impatiently.

"I don't think you've ever been this excited to speak to me," Kezia replies.

"Hand the phone back to her, Kez, we have important things to discuss!" Ada laughs from down the phone.

"Great, I'm being double-teamed," Kez mumbles, "bye, Ada."

"Bye Kez," Ada says as Kez hands the phone back to Bea.

-

"Our first night in our new apartment," Bea smiles, walking into the kitchen where Kez was cooking dinner shirtless, a sight Bea tremendously enjoyed.

Walking up behind her Bea wraps her arms around Kez, kissing her shoulder blade, "what are you making?"

"Stir fry," Kezia replies.

"My favourite," Beatrice hums, and Kez turns her head over her shoulder as Bea leans up to kiss, Kez smiling, "I know, my love."

"Well aren't you the best?" Bea teases, "is there any reason you're shirtless in our kitchen? Also one of my favourite outfits."

"I spilt sherry on my shirt," Kezia says.

"You're pulling out all the stops tonight," Bea laughs, "I hope you're not just trying to get in my undergarments."

Kez scoffs, "like I have to try."

"With that attitude you might have to," Bea replies, "let's try it again, I hope you're not just trying to get into my undergarments."

"Oh, of course not, wouldn't dream of it," Kez hums, taking the pan off the stove, turning it off before turning in Bea's arms.

"That's a shame," Bea responds.

"Can't win with you, can I?" Kezia sighs playfully.

"You're winning tonight," Bea states, kissing the corner of Kez's lips, "thank you for making dinner, thank you for suggesting us living together, thank you for spilling the sherry so you had to cook shirtless. I love you."

"Likewise," Kez teases, laughing when Bea raises an eyebrow at her, and Kez smiles leaning down to kiss her, "I love you most."

"Likewise," Bea mocks, rolling her eyes.

"Now sit that pretty arse down on a chair, dinners ready," Kez says, smacking Bea's arse for theatrical reasons, "and just so you know, I'm always trying to get into your undergarments."

"Like you have to try," Bea replies, walking towards the table, as Kez turns around smiling to herself as she plates up their dinners, almost dropping them when she turns back to Bea who was removing her top, "I thought it unfair that you were the only one undressed."

"You are my favourite person ever," Kezia states.