14) Freddie

"Kez, I need your help," Polly says, "Freddie is back, he and Ada are planning on getting married."

"Told you he'd come back," Kezia responds.

"Not the time," Polly warns, "Tommy made a deal."

"I'm aware of the deal," Kezia sighs.

"Then you know that Freddie can't be here," Polly states, "Ada's tried to get him to leave, she's tried to leave with him, but he's refusing, says he's unafraid of Thomas Shelby."

"What'd you expect me to do, Pol?" Kezia asks.

"Speak to Freddie, he won't listen to me," Polly says.

"Then why'd you think he's going to listen to me?" Kezia shrugs.

"Because you didn't tell Ada to get rid of the child," Polly replies, "Freddie isn't too happy to know that I thought she should abort it.... Tommy still doesn't know about Freddie and Ada. He just wants Freddie gone."

"Well if they're getting married he's going to find out pretty fucking soon, that news will travel like a bloody wildfire," Kezia laughs.

"Nothing about this is funny," Polly states, "please, just try to convince Freddie it's for the best, he won't believe me."

"Where is he?" Kezia asks.

"With one of his comrades, you'll need to go with Ada, you won't get to him otherwise," Polly says.

"Where's Ada?" Kezia queries.

"She was still at home when I came here, I don't know if she'll have left by now," Polly replies.

-

"What's she doing here, Ada?" Freddie asks, seeing his soon-to-be wife walk into their 'apartment' with her older sister.

"This place really is a shithole," Kezia hums, "reminds me of a shoebox."

"Are you just here to insult my place? Or are you here to finish what Polly started?" Freddie questions.

"You want what's best for my sister, don't you, Fred?" Kezia replies.

"Of course I do," Freddie scoffs.

"Good, we're on the same page," Kez says, "you've got three options."

"You Shelby's and your ultimatums," Freddie jests.

"You can leave the city with Ada," Kezia states, "you can stay and get arrested, or you can give me a name. It's you they want, but you give me a better name, they'll keep off your case for a while. Make the right choice."

"I believe in this movement, you're not going to unravel it," Freddie remarks, "this is my home, I deserve to be here."

"You call this a home?" Kezia asks, "get out, Fred, get out whilst you still can, and probably before Tommy finds out you knocked up his sister, because he won't be as supportive as I've been."

"I'm not scared of him, Kez, and I'm not scared of you either," Freddie says.

"Then you're a fool," Kezia states, "get my sister out of this fucking shoebox, Freddie, she's pregnant for crying out loud. Do right by my sister and make the right choice."

"Kez," Ada scolds.

"It's alright, Ada," Freddie replies.

"I've never had a problem with you before," Kezia says, "however, if you think this is the life my sister deserves to live, I might begin to. Are you seriously debating this? I'm trying to help you. You left before, I'm sure you can do it again."