Chapter 4:The Reaping part 3

Jason's POV

I have been selected for the Demigod Games. Oh my gods.

I know I won't last that long. Probably not even a day.

After Hades leaves, Demeter is next.

"Sarah Clarkston."

A girl walks up and takes her place.

"Michael Keely."

A boy comes. Next to choose is Aphrodite.

She smiles a weak smile and struts to her bowl. She has plenty of kids to choose from.

She licks her lips and selects.

"Silena Beaugard."

A murmur goes through the Aphrodite section. I see a beautiful girl with long, black hair. Her eyes look paralyzed.

She takes a step forward. Then another.

Then, a boy from the Hephaestus section runs to her.

"Silena!"

She holds out her arms and sobs into his shoulder. Olympus is silent.

Then, the unexpected happens.

"I...I volunteer as tribute."

Everyone turns to the voice. It belongs to an even prettier girl with warm skin and uneven hair. And her eyes, they change colors. So beautiful.

Silena hugs her, still hysterical. The girl returns the hug and walks up. She looks directly at me and something strange happens.

(A/N again, this belongs to Rick)

The night is cold. I can see that I'm in a desert, but that's all I know. There are mountains on the horizon, jab in the night sky.

There's a glow of a city in the distance. I can't tell which one, but it's there. The stars are brighter than I've ever seen them.

I see a girl next to me, staring up at the night sky. I looked up and see a meteor.

I point and she nods and smiles. They streaked across the sky, blue and yellow and white.

I take her hand. She squeezes it.

"I can't believe that Leo wouldn't want to see this," I say.

"Actually," the girl, Piper says. "I didn't invite him."

I smile. "Oh yeah?"

"Mm-hmm. You ever feel like three would be a crowd?" She says.

"Yeah," I answer. "Like right now. You know how much trouble we'd get in if we got caught up here?"

"Oh, I'd make something up," she says. "I can be very persuasive. So do you want it dance or what?"

I laugh.

"With no music. At night. On a rooftop. Sounds dangerous."

"I'm a dangerous girl."

"That, I believe."

We dance a few slow steps, but it turns into a kiss.

I never want it to end.

It stops. I don't know what happened or how it was possible that I knew that girl. Piper.

I missed the reaping of the boy tribute. He walks up and stands next to Piper.

Next up is Athena. I see her gray eyes, even from here. Her children have eyes just like her and I find myself afraid.