Chapter 6:The Reaping Part 5

Hazel's POV

Oh my gods. Oh my gods.

I can't be in the Demigod Games. I don't know how to fight. At least, I don't think I do.

A few of the other demigods have strange looks in their faces. Probably from being chosen. That can be pretty stressful.

It's time for Ares to choose his children that will represent them.

"Clairesse la Rue."

A tough looking girl walks up to the stage, a scowl on her face. I know that she will be someone to watch out for.

"Frank Zhang."

This time, it isn't a scary child of Ares. He looks almost...gentle. He looks right at me and something weird happens. It's like a flashback, but it's different.

(A/N this belongs to Rick. Sorry that it's so short. And it was written in Frank's POV, so this is Hazel thinking.)

Frank looks like he can't read my expression. I don't blame him. I take a deep breath and lean in towards him. I kids him. A real kiss on the lips, not like the one I gave to Percy on the airplane. This is more real and true. And best of all, Frank kisses back.

I don't know how that was possible. I know that it wasn't made up because when things are, they seem a bit more...shiny. (A/N see what I did there? From the Hunger Games?)

That was real and it happened. But when? Is that related to the reason that I can't remember much of my past?

Whatever the reason is, I know that I will have to talk to this Frank before we enter the arena.