Chapter 19: Rescued?

Before we get started with Where's Hazel, I want to thank everyone (I'm looking at you MELISSA_JACKSON21, AmAeRaI, and punk-is-who-I-am ) for being so supportive!! And also happy birthday, Percy!!! That thingy in the media was made by moi. The three Huntresses. And this is ok happening when Percy and Annabeth are in the cave. Okay, now for Where's Hazel (unofficial title of the chapter)

Hazel's POV

I wake up with the tastes of leaves in my mouth. I blink slowly, the sun's brightness burning my eyes.

"Thy girl has awoken," one girl says.

"Don't scare the poor thing. Back up a bit, Thalia."

I see that there's three different girls, all sitting near me. One has long black hair and freckles across her nose. Another has short black hair and electric blue eyes. The last also has long hair, twisted in a braid.

"Who-who are you?" I ask.

"I'm Bianca. This is Zoë and Thalia," she gestures to either side of her. "Who are you?"

"I'm Hazel," I say. I don't know whether or not to trust them. They didn't kill me when I was unconscious, so they can't want me dead. At least not yet.

"You drank from a stream that was poisoned. Very unfortunate, almost always deadly. But we recognized this plant that has a vitamin that cancels out the poison. You're lucky we were there when we were," Bianca says.

That reminds me of Nico. Wait, Nico. Where is he?

"Do you," I swallow. "Do you know where my brother is?"

"No, I was not aware that thy had a brother. Where was he when we arrived?"

"He left a few minutes earlier-"

"Men," Zoë scoffs. "Always picking up and leaving. It's better if you don't trust them in the first place."

Bianca's eyes turned distant when I mentioned a brother. I wonder if she ever had one. Or if she has one.

"Lighten up, Zoë. He wasn't planning on leaving her forever. He was probably scouting out the area or something. Maybe hunting," Thalia says, defending Nico.

"He went hunting for food. I drank some water, and that's all I remember," I say, wincing from the movement. "He's probably looking for me, I should find him."

"Not now!" Bianca says. "It's nighttime, totally unsafe."

"I agree with Bianca. Just spend the night with us, we'll find your brother in the morn-"

A bright light flashes above us. I see the logo of Mt. Olympus.

A picture replaces it. It's of a boy with curly blonde hair and violet eyes.

"Castor, son of Dionysus."

The light disappears and the night sky returns to black.

"Only one has died. That is not many," Zoë notes.

"I guess there's still 18 tributes left to watch out for. Not counting us, of course," Thalia says with a wicked grin.

Bianca returns the smile. "They won't even know what hit them."

The three girls lie down to sleep. They look like sisters, they act like sisters.

I find myself looking up to the night sky and praying. Praying to my father that Nico is alright. Praying that he and I will survive the night.

With the words still in my mind, circulating in my brain, I close my eyes and drift into a dreamless sleep.