Chapter 8: More Reaping

Piper's POV

After Apollo goes offstage, Hephaestus awkwardly lumbers onto the stage. With his braces, the leg kinds, not teeth, it's hard for him to maneuver.

He finally gets up on the stage and draws a name.

"Leo Valdez," he grumbles.

Another flashback thing. Great.

(A/N this all belongs to Rick, yet again)

A bronze dragon is swooping down from the sky, right above me. I'm standing on a green lawn with a lot of buildings around me.

"Leo?" I yell to the dragon.

A conch horn blows and people come outside.

"It's cool! Don't shoot!" The boy on the dragon says.

The archers lower their bows and look at the dragon.

"It's beautiful," I mutter. People look at me like I'm insane.

"People of Earth, I come in peace!" The boy shouts. His army coat and face is smeared with soot. His eyes are bloodshot and he smells like Tabasco sauce. "Festus is just saying hello!"

"That thing is dangerous," a girl yells, brandishing her spear. "Kill it now!"

"Stand down," someone says.

I turn and see the boy tribute for Zeus.

"Leo, what have you done?" He asks.

"Found a ride! You said I could go on the quest if I got you a ride. Well, I got you a class-A metallic flying bad boy! Festus can take us anywhere!" he answers.

"It-has wings," a girl stammers.

"Yeah! I found them and reattached them," he says.

The flashback changes. I can see the ocean and it looks like I'm on a ship. (A/N see what I did? Ship?)

I'm gazing into my knife, Katoptris, and I see the same images as before.

The sun rises and there's still no sign of Hazel, Frank, or Leo. Annabeth and I send an Iris-message to Chiron.

Finally, three pink bubbles come flying to the surface. Hazel, Leo, and Frank come out of them.

I jump off the ship and land in the water. I swim over to Leo and kiss him on the cheek.

"Miss me?" He asks while laughing.

I'm suddenly angry.

"Where were you? How are you guys alive?"

"Long story," a picnic basket pops up to the surface. "Want a brownie?"

The flashback ends and I'm left confused. Yet again.

I hope it doesn't happen again.