Chapter 21: Unstoppable

For those of you who don't know, Bella is a daughter of Hermes. She was created by MELISSA_JACKSON21 If you want to know more, go to my A/N chapter. Here we go!

Bella's POV

I open my eyes to the night sky. No one is near me. The son of Hephaestus left. I scowl at the darkness. I meant to kill him, but he knocked me out with a lucky shot. I'll get him next time.

I shake the branch off of me. My stomach growls in protest. I'm hungrier than I should be.

Wait. The boy knocked me out during the day. That means that I must have been knocked out for a while. This isn't good.

Lights in the sky startle me. The logo of Olympus appears. It fades away and another image replaces it. A picture of a boy with blonde hair and gray eyes appears. Words form next to the image. "Michael Gilman, son of Athena".

The image fades and the woods go back into darkness. I exhale with relief. The images were starting to worry me. What if someone I knew died?

An arrow plants itself an inch away from my nose. I bolt up, a knife in hand.

Another girl materializes out of the darkness. She has faded brown hair that looks more blonde. Oh, and a bow in her hand. Forgot to mention that. Whoops.

She raises her bow again, arrow already nocked. She draws it back and aims it at my chest.

"Whoa there, girl. Love for you to kill me, but I've got this thing right now. If you could come back later, that would be great," I say.

A smile quirks on her lips.

"I like you. Too bad I have to kill you."

"Technically, you don't have to. See, there's this idea called being allies where I have your back and you have mine. Crazy concept, I know. Didn't invent it myself."

The girl smirks at me.

"Before I decide whether or not to kill you, I want to know your name. I'm Ari."

"Bella, at your service. Could you put the bow down? It's sort of distracting."

Ari hesitantly lowers her weapon. I set my knife down in a show of good faith.

"Great! We're not killing each other. We're practically besties," I say with a smile on my face.

"I guess so."

"Well, it's nighttime. Usually at nighttime, people sleep. Unless you're nocturnal or something."

"I was tracking a deer and I saw you. I'm not usually nocturnal."

"Well, I've been told I'm very distracting. But if I sleep, I'm trusting that you're not going to stab me in the middle of the night. I'm going to sleep now. Please don't kill me, I rather like living."

I turn over and get comfortable on the dry leaves. Ari climbs above me in a tree, keeping watch. I fall asleep easily, knowing that I will wake up tomorrow, alive. As opposed to waking up dead. Is that possible? Wait, I'm trying to sleep. Stupid ADHD.

I fall into a deep sleep, not waking up once during the night.

Ari shakes me awake right before the sun comes up.

"Dang, girl, I didn't mean for you to watch all night. You should have woken me up-"

Ari clamps her hand over my mouth. She points in front of us and makes a very nice throat cutting motion.

I nod my head, showing that I understand. She points to her own mouth. I mimic zipping my lips. Ari lowers her hand and I grab my knives.

We head out into the clearing and I see a boy with stubby black hair and green eyes. He is really hot. And I don't notice boys like that. I'm definitely not an Aphrodite girl.

Wait, Aphrodite. That's the son of Aphrodite, Taylor or whatever.

He's holding a spear and looking in every direction. I glance at Ari, who makes the same cutting throat motion. I nod my head and give her a grin.

We leap out at the same time. Taylor jumps like five feet in the air. I laugh.

"Well hello there, mister. So glad that you could drop by," I say, giving him a greeting smile.

He waves his spear at us.

"Let me help you with that," I say. I throw a knife and it cuts through the shaft of his spear, splitting it in half. "There you go. It didn't look like you knew how to use it."

"Stay...stay away from me. I'm d...dangerous."

"Yeah, dangerous to grammar," I say.

"Dangerous to Athena," Ari says.

I give her a high-five.

"Well, nice knowing you, hot stuff," Ari says.

"Yep. Have fun in the Underworld. Send us a postcard," I say cheerily.

Before Taylor could mess up English even more, Ari let's an arrow fly and I release a knife.

Taylor falls to the ground, blood sputtering from his chest.

"Good work, ally," Ari says to me.

"You too. We are so unstoppable."

We gather our weapons. I wipe off my knife and we go off into the sunrise, literally. The sun is rising and there's one less tribute in the arena.