Chapter 11: Percy Jackson

Annabeth's POV

A/N Annabeth's dress in the media.

I wake up with a sick feeling in my stomach. Today the games begin. And I'm in them.

My outfit for the arena is already waiting for me. Black shirt, black pants, and a brown jacket. I tie my hair into a ponytail, using five hair bands. I could always use some as a weapon if I need to.

I slip my boots on and take one last glance around my room. The last time I will ever see anything of comfort.

I walk out of the door and into the empty hallway. Training wasn't fun, but I found out I'm good with knives,  making knots, and nets, anything that involves string. It turns out I have a natural gift of weaving.

I get into the empty elevator, with gray walls as stony as my eyes. They remind me of the chariot I was in for the parade.

They put me in a gray dress that the stylist claimed brought out my eyes. They adorned me with gray pearls and owl earrings to represent Athena. Olive leaves were fitted into crowns for me and the other Athena tribute, Michael. He wore a gray suit.

We rode the chariot. I was standing as still as stone and so was Michael. I caught a glimpse of us on the screen and we looked sophisticated and not to be messed with. Dangerous.

I felt power in the chariot. Power of movement.

The dinging elevator doors bring me out of my memory. A boy gets out of the elevator next to me. I recognize him from the parade. He wore a sea green suit and a crown of seaweed.

"Hey," he says casually to me. His voice is so...familiar.

"Hi. Nervous?"

"A little. You?"

"Yeah."

An awkward silence rises between us.

"I'm just glad it wasn't my brother," he says. "I'm glad I don't have to worry about him getting in any danger."

I swallow hard. He notices my moist eyes.

"What's wrong?"

I look out a window at the bright world.

"I have nothing to fight for. No family or friends. No one at home who would care if I didn't return."

I'm startled when I feel a familiar hand in mine. I feel a callous Percy got when he stupidly tried to beat me on the lava climbing wall-

A sharp pain passes behind my eyes. How do I know his name? What's a lava climbing wall and how was he there?

"Fight for me, Annabeth. I'll always fight for you."

Our eyes lock and I almost feel something breaking. Something in my brain is crackling, tearing apart in my mind. I reach for his face, the face I know. The gap between his teeth is still there, the little zit on his nose. And his beautiful eyes, the color of the sea.

"Seaweed Brain," I breathe.

"I'm here, Wise Girl. I'll always be here for you."

Just as suddenly as it started, it stops. I don't know why I called him Seaweed Brain, or why he called me Wise Girl, or what happened.

"Um, sorry about that. I'll just be leaving," he stammers.

I nod at him and he leaves. The last thing I think of is a name.

Percy Jackson.

Sorry for the really long wait. I'll probably update in an hour or so.

I broke my own heart writing that. I'm really evil, so I'm sorry. Haha, no I'm not. There'll be plenty more of that. You'll be sure to die! But thanks for sticking around and all, the games are about to begin.