Chapter 22 : After All This Time ? - II

Hey dear notepad! Long time, no see ? Pardon your disloyal companion and thank you for being loyal and unwavering after all these years. Nothing has changed, no ? The same you, the same me and the same reason of mine to be filling your blank papers.

Yes, I saw her today.

After ten whole years. And don't get me started on how much she has grown up to be even more beautiful than her childhood - something which I didn't think was possible. She still smell of peaches, she still has long silky hair, she still is fond of silk - I should be knowing since she barged inside my room in a silky baby pink nightgown without thinking twice. And you know what ?

I still am in love with her.

Sigh.

I thought distancing myself from her will do the trick and I'll get over her, hoped the years between us would work as the magical healer the world brags about but just a glance into her eyes and I lost my temper. The reminder WHY is she at my house added to the burn and my insides were a heap of ashes at once.

She is here for her wedding.

With Kabir.

~

Winning a game of chess has lost its charm now. Infact, my every win, every success over the years is a mocking reminder that I will always be a loser. Empty handed. That I won't ever be...

Kabir.

The ache in Sneha's chest worsened to the extent that she clutched her shirt over her heart, downright sobbing now. She gasped for oxygen yet didn't stop reading. She wanted to bear the pain in which Mahir had lived for years.

~

You are slowly making me learn the literal meaning of words by making me experience them. Ten years ago, it was heartbreak. And today, it was...

breathtaking.

I stopped breathing the moment I saw you ready for the dinner in a black dress. You did it deliberately Sneha. I know it. Stop provoking me. It won't end well.

***

Yes I can kill for you. Because I can't stand ANYONE looking at you wrongly! I can't stand ANYONE around you. I want to have you all to myself. I want to be the one who has all the rights over you.

But you won't understand why...

~

I should not be feeling like this. The sight of Kabir lightly touching her arm should not be making me want to destroy everything around. Why can't I get a grip on myself, over my heart and emotions ? The more I'm trying, the more I'm failing.

~

My heart stopped when you said you have fallen for me. I felt like after years of torture, my mind has given up and was making illusions to make peace. But the next instant, you say that you shouldn't be feeling like that and it's wrong.

A dagger was stabbed straight into my heart.

You marrying Kabir is wrong! You going away from me is wrong! We were always meant to be together Sneha but you failed to realize that, THAT'S WRONG! You were mine, since ever, I was yours, since ever. It was a universal law! And you NOT reacting on the change of laws was WRONG!

Us together was never wrong. And for me, it will never be.

~

You ignited my soul by pressing your lips softly to mine. Years of suppressed emotions, fantasies, and dreams came alive and crashing upon me. Now when I look at your lips, I can't help in my desire to bruise them by mine. The feel of your fingers in my hair, the sound of your moans, your soft locks entangled in my fingers... I feel drugged Sneha and it's your fault.