Chapter 29 : A Vision So Beautiful

They had just fallen on the bed when a knock at the door rang in the room.

“Sneha! The designer is waiting for the measurements honey!” - Avni shouted from outside, sounding impatient.

Sneha groaned softly as Mahir broke their lip-lock and looked at her. He was flat above her. Every part of their bodies touched and wherever it did, the skin burned even through the layers of clothes.

He put aside hair from her face as they gasped for breath. “I think, this is your punishment for calling that guy up for measurements.” - he whispered, smirking.

She bit his finger that had reached her mouth, making him grin. “Don't tease.” - she whined lowly.

“Nehu... is everything okay ?” - Avni asked, now sounding worried after getting no reply.

Sneha swallowed. Trying to regulate her heartbeat and wet her throat to have her vocal cords working.

“Yeah Maa! I'll be there in five!” - she called out.

“Okay but be quick!” - Avni said before walking away. The sound of her footsteps slowly fading.

Mahir got off her and buttoned up his shirt again. She remained on the bed. Her knees too weak to stand straight.

He chuckled at her frustrated expressions and hovered above her again. “I'll make it up to you on the wedding night. I promise.” - he whispered huskily, a smile on his face. “But right now, I can't get into your parents' bad books.” - he said grinning.

Her annoyed look turned to a smile as well and she chuckled. He softly kissed her lips and stood again. This time, she stood as well and her eyes widened when instead of going out the door, he took balcony again. She rushed to stand by the railing and watched in amazement how easily he was using the pipe.

“You are crazy!” - she shouted, shaking her head.

He looked up while continuing to move down. The most mischievous grin on his face ever. “You drive me.”

Her answering soft laughter rang in the air.

~

“...made for each other without any doubt!” - Anushka gushed at Mahir and Sneha who were seated together on the sofa, their Mehendi ceremony going on.

The grand hall was decked up and crowded by the guests. Happiness crackled in the air so fiercely that it felt palpable. After the ominous application of a henna dot, the artists moved to apply the bridal design on Sneha's hands upto elbows. Kaya narrowed her eyes playfully as it became clear Sneha was not allergic to mehendi. Sneha smiled sheepishly and was forgiven after a slight ear pull from her would-be mother-in-law. Garnering laughs from everyone.

“Stop staring.” - Sneha chided Mahir, fighting the smile on her face.

A couple of hours had passed. Her mehendi design was done and currently in the process of drying out. They were still on the sofa watching the Chauhan girls' dance performance. But in actual, it was her watching the performance and he was busy staring at her.

His smile widened. “Why ?”

She looked at him, trying to give him a stern look but failing before his mischievous eyes. “Why are you not focusing on the dance going on ?” - she asked in a low voice.

“Because my eyes are more interested in focusing on you.” - he shrugged nonchalantly.

She was grinning now yet still bit her lip to prevent it. “Mahir.. everyone's present. What will they think ?”