Chapter 27 : Let's Get Married

Sneha's heels clicked in the quiet of the night as she walked towards the greenhouse of the haveli. The time was half past 8 and there was still half an hour to go for the time Mahir had given but her impatient and curious nature didn't let her sit idle. She had finalized her outfit after the reception party itself - which was a rosy brown hi-low midi dress. It was sleeveless, had lace at the top and a satin belt at the waist. The short front and long back of the dress was made of chiffon while it's inner lining was of satin. She had tied up her hair in a high but loose bun, leaving a few fringes falling on her forehead and some strands delicately framing her face.

As she walked into the greenhouse, it was dark. But before she could call out to Mahir, the lights went on and a soft gasp of surprise left her mouth.

The entire ceiling was lit with string lights. A globe dangling from the center. The plants were adorned with garland lights as well and there were fairy lights on the walls. Fascinated, she slowly walked further in. Her hands softly touching the plants while walking. She stopped at the center and twirled, a bright smile on her face.

"Mahir!" - she called out impatiently. "Come out naa.." - she looked around, hoping to spot him somewhere.

Silence.

"Hmph!" - she placed both her hands at her waist. "If you don't come out then-"

Arms snuggled around her waist from behind, making her gasp and stop mid-sentence. "Then ?" - he whispered challengingly in her ear, pulling her flush against himself.

Her eyes closed. Lips curling into a smile as his smokey cedar wood fragrance filled her nostrils. His warmth cocooned her and his voice raised goosebumps on her body.

"Mmmm... I forgot." - she mumbled, placing her hands over his.

His chuckle was low and husky. The rush of air on her neck tingling. "You look breathtaking." - he husked out, softly kissing the shell of her ear.

She squeezed his hands. "So does this place. Your assigned punishment looks mesmerizing your highness." - she teased, at last opening her eyes and craning her neck to look at him.

Not only he had a smile on his face but his eyes were alight with happiness as well. And mischief joined soon at her remark. He squeezed her in his arms, and placed his chin at her shoulder.

"Plants are your first love. So I thought, what better place than this ? And your comment 'prisoners don't get to choose their punishment' last night has led us to this." - his voice dropped down to a whisper. "You sounded so eager to be caged." - he placed a butterfly kiss on the side of her neck, making her tremble.

"You are so right in both conclusions. Plants being my first love and..." - she craned her neck again and met his eyes. "And me being eager." - she whispered, her voice laced with longing. She didn't know in which sense he was talking but her sense was actually being caged. For life. By him.

His eyes shone. There was nothing needed to be said. Their eyes talked. Their hearts beat in sync. They both knew each other like the back of their hands now. And she felt, she was looking into his very soul and he in hers. She witnessed the same impatience, equal longing there which was residing in her.

He removed one arm from her waist. She felt him put his hand in the coat pocket and after some moments, held that hand in front of her.

Her breathing hitched. There was a velvet red square box on his palm.

"Mahir..." - she breathed automatically. All the while getting ready for him, she had been thinking that she'll talk to him. That she'll approach THE topic. Had he been thinking the same ?