Chapter 28 : Memorable Measurements

“This is tight to me.” - Sneha complained to the designer descending the stairs after she tried out a lehenga for the mehendi. Carrying the said lehenga in hands.

All the ladies were gathered in the grand hall as an outfit designer was called with his readymade wedding collection for everyone because the wedding was around the corner and they didn't have time for customization.

“No problem ma'am. It will be adjusted to your liking.” - the designer assured. “You just need to give the apt measurements.”

“Oh I have them noted down on a paper. I'll be right back.” - Sneha said and took stairs again.

“Better give your current measurements!” - Avni shouted after her.

At hearing that, Sneha paused at the landing. “Okay then send this guy up.” - she pointed towards the assistant of the designer around 16 or 17, solely working for the mentioned task.

Mahir, who was quietly watching the entire scene unfold from the top, frowned disapprovingly as the designer sent the guy after Sneha with the measuring tape.

~

Sneha entered her room and went straight to the almirah. Opening the drawer, she rummaged a little and found the paper that had her measurements. No matter how weird it sounded, but she couldn't remember her own measurements for the life of her.

Her eyes suddenly widened as she realized that she had called upon the designer's assistant who was a boy. She had never felt comfortable giving measurements to men hence never did. Either it was her mother or the tailors' female assistant as she, strangely enough, was unable to take her own measurements. Sometimes the tape's one end slipped from her hold or sometimes she ended up holding it too tight or too loose.

“In my excitement of the lehenga...” - she shook her head at herself, slapping her forehead. She would need to send him back and ask Shreya's or someone else's help.

Knock. Knock.

“Come in.” - she permitted, closing the drawer. “Sorry for the disturbance but-”

She stopped short because she had turned around after closing the almirah. Instead of that assistant, Mahir was stood with the measuring tape. His face serious and eyes dark.

“Mahir ? I thought it's...” - she trailed off as his eyes gained an even darker look that reflected his possessive soul.

Her heartbeat escalated as he walked towards her. She wanted to step back, to maintain some distance because his eyes alone were making it hard to breath but her feet were cemented on the spot. Refusing to obey her brain's command.

To her surprise, Mahir stopped a couple of feet away from her. His fingers unrolled the tape but his eyes didn't leave her face. She gasped as he suddenly threw it around her waist and pulled her with force, making her collide with his chest.

Her heart leaped to her throat. His stare was deadly. Like a person who looks at his prey.

“You thought a guy, who is not me, can touch you even for measurements ?” - his voice was a tad above a whisper. Husky and challenging.

She swallowed.

“Wrong.” - he stated with a tug at the tape, pulling her even closer.

Her hands automatically went to his shoulders to steady herself. Their noses brushed, lips were just an inch away and she felt the temperature of the room rising. His eyes lowered to her lips and he was so close that his just leaning in would make them kiss. But he was a tease. A damn tease alright!