episode 11

Hyung came around, trying to lure you with some snacks," he quipped, rolling his eyes in disbelief.

"Thanks, but I'm not interested. You can go now," she retorted without even sparing him a glance, her eyes glued to the laptop screen.

Jungkook frowned in frustration.

She was clearly having the time of her life.

"Jinya," he called out, irritated.

But she was in her own world, completely ignoring him. How could she possibly ignore Jungkook?

"Why on earth are you giving me the cold shoulder?" Jinya looked at him with a bored expression.

"What?"

"I told you to come with me."

"But I'm busy! You can't..." she started, a frown forming on her face.

"No, you have to come with me," he insisted as he grabbed her hand.

"Hey!" she protested, but he paid no attention and pulled her towards the gates.

"Oh, so now I can't even watch my series?!" she exclaimed dramatically.

"Well, you can continue after you've had your snacks," he retorted, pulling her towards the dining hall.

As he dragged her towards the hall, she frowned but didn't want to cause a scene. "Fine, I'll eat something, but it's not a big deal," she thought to herself.

Midway, Jungkook abruptly stopped and warned her, "Wait here. I'm coming back. Don't you dare move."

She scowled and nodded in annoyance as he left for his brother's room.

Jungkook called out to Jimin, "Hyung, please come to the dining area."

Then he headed to Taehyung's room and knocked on the door.

"Who's there?" a chilling voice answered, sending shivers down her spine.

"It's me, Jungkook. I've come for snacks, Hyung," he called from the other side of the door.

"I'm not coming. Just send it to my room," Taehyung replied dismissively.

"Hyung, I'm sorry, but Seokjin Hyung insists that everyone comes downstairs. You can go back to your room later," Jungkook said firmly, leaving no room for discussion. Soon enough, Taehyung and Jimin emerged in their casual attire, but she didn't even spare them a glance. As they all walked together, they finally reached the dining area where others were already present.

Jinya sat in silence, observing everyone engrossed in their own activities - some on their phones, others engaged in their own conversations. Taehyung, visibly in a sour mood, hadn't noticed her until she reached out and grasped his hand. Looking down, he finally acknowledged her presence.

In the room, he delved into researching Jinya and her mother's previous life, discovering that they had lived a normal existence. Her mother had worked as an employee, earning a meager 2.68 million won a Middle class salary . In their past life, they could never have imagined affording the lifestyle of the Kims. Jinya even attended the most prestigious school in South Korea on a scholarship, and their house had been much smaller than the grand mansion she  were in now.

A smirk formed on Taehyung's face as these thoughts swirled in his mind. Meanwhile, Jinya remained silent, her gaze fixed on the floor, anxiously waiting for the meal to be served so she could return to watching her series.

The maids arrived and presented them with Korean grilled cheese lobster - . Jinya expressed her gratitude as maid served her 

Jinya : thanks , with a small smile

everyone began to eat. However, as Jinya reached for a piece, Taehyung halted her by his words .

"By the way Jinya , you know this Korean grilled cheese lobster costs 15,000 won per piece, which is half of your mother's salary right ? ," he remarked, causing everyone to pause mid-bite.

Jinya understood the implications behind his words. "What a stroke of fate - from a humble home to living in a mansion beyond your wildest dreams," he continued, his tone cutting.

"You're fortunate to have a room here that's bigger than half of your previous house," he taunted, as Jinya remained silent, feeling the weight of his words.

"Taehyung, stop now," Seokjin warned, trying to diffuse the situation.

"What's wrong with stating the truth?" Taehyung retorted, fixing his dark gaze on her.

"You! You don't even belong in our presence. We are Kims, and yet shamelessly, after being humiliated, you come here to dine with us," he sneered.

"You're nothing but a gold digger, just like those who prioritize money over everything," he accused.

His harsh words brought tears to Jinya's eyes. She never wanted any of this; she wasn't a gold digger. Her father had forced her to be here, and it was Jungkook who had insisted she join them at the table.

" "I-I am not a gold digger, appa brought me here," she stammered, tears choking her voice. How could someone say such things to her?

Everyone in the room felt pity for her as Taehyung continued his tirade.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Jinya calmly asked in a subdued voice.

"Because I hate you! Yes, I hate you to the core!" Taehyung took a step forward, his anger palpable. "Get out of our lives! You're nothing but a piece of trash in this mansion! You don't deserve to be here."

Jinya was about to protest, but he didn't let her.

"I wonder how your mom and friends tolerate you," Taehyung continued without mercy.

"Don't you dare bring them into this!" Jinya interjected, her voice quivering.

"Why? Well, your mom is the reason why you're here, right? You know what? You were born as an unlucky burden... your own parents left you on the steps... who knows what bad luck you brought upon them. And then there's your mother , Mrs.kang .. poor her .. felt burdened because of you, so she left you here!"

Jinya felt her world shatter into pieces. This was more than humiliation; he was breaking her mentally. No one had ever spoken such words to her.

"N-no, you're wrong! I-I am not a burden for eomma!" Jinya tried to defend herself.

"Oh, you think it's not true? Nah, it's real. You're a burden to her, to everyone... your biological mother and your so-called stepsister... and now to us. Aish, such bad luck you are," Taehyung continued mercilessly. "I'm sure Mrs. Kang struggled so much because of you... who knows, maybe she regretted adopting you."

"No! Shut up! She never did!" Jinya vehemently protested.

"Who knows... maybe she left because she couldn't bear you anymore... who knows, maybe you are the cause of her death," Taehyung insinuated with cruel intent.

"I am not! Don't you dare say one more word! I'll ******* kill you, Kim Taehyung!"

As her tears finally subsided, Taehyung smirked at the sight of Jinya's distress. Standing up from her seat, Jinya, with a dark and heavy voice, began to speak, "Until the day my mother died, I didn't have any control in my life. All the control went to your father, Kim Seok Kyo. He decided where I had to live; he didn't even ask me. As for being here, I refused, but your brother forced me to come." With those words, she fled, running upstairs to seek solace.

"Jinya," Seokjin attempted to call after her, but Yoongi quietly restrained him, shaking his head. "No, Hyung, not now," he said, recognizing the need for space and time.

Alone in her room, Jinya closed the door behind her and began to weep. The only person on her mind, the one she needed to reach out to, was the individual whose number she dialed on her phone.

"Hello, Jinya," a soft, female voice answered with concern, greeting her on the other end of the line.

-