episode 4

Excuse me, if you need anything, feel free to ask," the maid said with a small smile. Jinya returned the smile and replied, "Yes, sure."

As the maid was about to leave, Jinya stopped her and said, "Won't you introduce yourself? You look quite young." She hoped that by being polite, the maid would be more cooperative.

The maid looked at her and then smiled. "Hi, my name is Jennie," she said warmly. Jinya smiled back and said, "I'm Jinya. Nice to meet you. I just started working here, taking over for my mother. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call me."

In the hope that Jennie wouldn't refuse, Jinya asked, "Jennie, can I ask you something?"

"What?" Jennie inquired.

"Please come in first," Jinya requested.

Jennie thought for a moment, then nodded. "Yeah."

"Thanks," Jinya said as she ushered Jennie to a seat on the bed in the room. Jennie looked confused. "What do you need, Miss?"

With a stern gaze, Jinya replied, "Please, call me Jinya. 'Miss' sounds awkward." She made a face, causing Jennie to laugh. "Okay okay, now tell me what you need. I need to go."

"Okay, I'm new here and don't know any of the family members. How many family members are here?" Jinya asked, looking confused.

This confused Jennie. "I don't understand what you mean. Are you asking about the Kim family?"

"Yes, exactly. How many family members are here? Can you please tell me?" Jinya pleaded.

Jennie sighed and said, "Jinya, I don't know much about this family. I've only been here for two months. As far as I know, you are the only girl in this family."

Upon hearing this, Jinya's eyes widened. "Oh my."

Jennie chuckled. "Yes, I haven't seen any other female family members here. I usually only see four members - Mr. Seok Kyo, the eldest Kim Seokjin, Mr. Hoseok, and the third youngest, Mr. Jimin."

Jinya nodded again, "I met him downstairs, but he was so rude and cold," Jinya said, pouting.

Jennie  nodded and laughed  "I completely agree, he was..." She trailed off.

"And the third eldest, Mr. Hoseok, I don't know much about his behavior, and the youngest, Mr. Jimin," Jinya made a face of understanding.

"As far as I know, he has a very bad temper, so you should be careful. His anger can be like a volcano," Jennie warned, making Jinya gulp.

"After that, I don't know much about them," Jennie continued. "It's okay. Thank you so much, you've really helped me," Jinya said with gratitude. Jennie smiled as she got up from her seat, then something came to her mind, and she turned to look at Jinya. "Jinya," she called out.

"Yes?" Jinya looked at her.

"I think the relationship between Mr. Kim and his boys isn't good. I've never seen a family photo of the boys with him. There isn't a single family photo, and whenever I've seen Mr. Seokjin talking to Mr. Kim, it's not like a father and son, and as for Jimin, I've always seen them  fighting. I've heard some other staff discussing this too. That's why I'm telling you," Jennie said seriously. "Thank you so much for telling me," Jinya replied.

"Okay, now I have to go, my shift is over," Jennie said with a smile. Jinya nodded.

"Thank you so much for this," Jinya replied.

As Jennie left, Jinya closed the door and lay on her bed, contemplating Jennie's words. Her new family seemed so mysterious, and it left her feeling very confused.

"I need to arrange this room first; I have to go to school tomorrow too ," she said to herself as she opened her suitcase and began to organize her clothes in the cuboard. Once she had set up her room to her liking, she changed into casual clothes and lay down on the bed, pondering the thoughts that were swirling in her mind.

"Will my brothers accept me? How will they treat me? It's going to be difficult, but I have to adjust to this situation. This is my family now," she thought, drifting off to sleep, thinking of her mother.

Morning

The Kim siblings were already gathered at the dining table, ready to begin their morning meal. The three youngest boys, dressed in their school uniforms, took their seats, signaling the start of another school day.

"Seokjin  hyung, why did you set up an extra chair at the table?"  Taehyung inquired, his gaze falling on the empty seat positioned between Seokjin and Jungkook.

"Obviously, because we have a new addition to the family," Jin replied, casting a quick glance upstairs to see if their newest member was making her way down to join them.

Just as he finished his sentence, the new member made her entrance into the dining area, adorned in her uniform. As she approached the table, she was met with piercing stares from everyone present. Without uttering a word, the newcomer, Jinya responded with a sly smile.

Jinya stepped into the room, mustering up her courage to greet her new family. "H-hey everyone," she stammered, shifting nervously as she awaited a response.

When nobody replied, an awkward silence engulfed the room, causing Jinya to look down and bite her lip in discomfort. "Coldies," she muttered under her breath, pouting at the lack of acknowledgment.

But before she could dwell on the awkwardness any longer, Seokjin broke the silence with a deadpan expression as he arranged a plate for her. "We can hear you, kid," he stated flatly, his words cutting through the tension in the room.

As everyone began to eat, Seok kyo entered the room and took his seat, maintaining a stern demeanor as he addressed Jinya. "Did you sleep well?" he inquired, his tone as serious as his gaze as he dug into his food.

"Y-yeah, appa, I did," Jinya responded, trying to match his seriousness with her own composed facade.
"Okay, then let me introduce you to everyone," Seok Kyo said, gesturing as he spoke. "He is your eldest brother, Seokjin, and next to him is Yoongi, the second eldest. Over there is Hoseok, the third eldest, and across from him is Namjoon, the fourth eldest. Then we have Jimin, the third eldest brother, and next to him is his twin, Taehyung," he continued, pointing out each brother. "And next to your younger brother Jungkook is..."

But when Seok kyo mentioned the youngest brother, Jungkook, Jinya's eyes widened in realization. "Oh, bully," she blurted out before quickly covering her mouth, her words slipping out before she could stop them.

Jungkook shot her a steely glare, and Jinya tried to recover from her slip-up with an awkward smile. "Hey everyone, I am Kang Jinya," she announced, trying to regain her composure amidst the tension in the air.

However, Seok kyo immediately stepped in with a stern voice. "You're not Kang Jinya, you're Kim Jinya. Mind your words," he reprimanded, his words adding to the weight of the atmosphere in the room.

Feeling chastised, Jinya looked down and nodded in acknowledgment, her earlier enthusiasm fading in the face of her father's disapproval.

Seok kyo swiftly wrapped up the interaction, announcing his departure as he wiped his mouth with a towel. "Okay, I'm done. I'm leaving now. You can go with your brothers or with the drivers to drop you off," he declared, leaving poor Jinya to face the lingering stares of her brothers as he departed for his office.

-