8

Louis hasn't been at school all week. I'm not surprised at all since he was stabbed. But what surprises me is that his friends are very calm and happy. Don't they know? Did Louis tell them what happened? Do they know what I had to do last week?

"Hellooooo? Earth to Harryyyyy." Jasmine waves her hand in front of my eyes. "Are you even listening to me?"

The girl snaps me out of my trance of thoughts. I look around to remember that I'm in a cafe with my redhead friend.

"Oh yeah, sorry Jas..." I take a sip of my coffee. "So what were you talking about?"

She sighs. "Jesus Harry, I just told the craziest and the most emotional story that's ever happened in my life!"

"Daniel?" I ask bored because I know it's about him.

Jasmine met a boy, Daniel, at work. He just moved into town. It happened a few days ago, and Jasmine is only talking about him and how obvious it is that he likes her because he winked at her. He didn't. I was there and saw that the steam from the coffee machine hit his face which made him start blinking. I've already told Jasmine this, but she doesn't want to accept it, instead I have to hear every day about how handsome Daniel is, how beautiful his smile is, how nice he is. This makes me want to bury myself alive.

"Yes! O my God okay. I'll say it again." The girl says excitedly.

Ugh, I could pretend I was listening to her. Now I really have to listen to her.

"So, yesterday Daniel went to a hairdresser and today he had a new haircut at work and oh my God..." Jasmine starts fanning her face with her hands. Suddenly, after a moment of fanning, she slams her hands hard on the table. "...He looks even better! I didn't know this could be possible. And those muscles of his..." The girl slumps slightly in her chair. "...ugghhh, I'm melting." She sits up straight again and takes my hand. "You HAVE to see him! He's wonderful."

I chuckle. "Yeah, I believe you Jas. I already feel like I know him."

"He's going to be my husband."

I'm just nodding to my friend because I don't have the strength to hear any more about Daniel. I look out the window and see that Louis is walking towards the cafe where I am currently with Jasmine. I can see that the boy is still limping.

"Do you want a new coffee?" I quickly ask the short girl sitting across from me.

"But I still have half a cup of coffee. Plus, How dare you interrupt me?" The girl knits her eyebrows.

"You look like a pissed off squirrel now." I laugh.

Jasmine rolls her eyes and gestures for me to leave.

I quickly get up and go towards the barista to make a new order, when I reach the counter Louis is just finishing talking to the barista. When he turns around, he flinches slightly and I immediately open my mouth.

"Hi, how's your leg?" I ask with a smile on my face.

"Are you enjoying this, Styles? Do you like the fact that I'm hurt? And anyway, I have no intention of talking to you about it. We are not friends. Move."

I look at him with wide eyes and step aside so the older boy can pass. But before he could leave, I grab his arm.

I speak in a quiet voice so only he can hear me. "I literally sewed your leg together so you could show some empathy, you piece of shit."

I don't know what got into me, but I felt I had to say it. Louis doesn't seem to understand my sudden change either and looks at me surprised. A small smile appears on his face.