C77: The Fight

Read Novel Online Full FREEWN
Novel  Take My Breath Away  Chapter 77: The Fight
TAKE MY BREATH AWAY

"Debbie, if you become a superstar, I'll go to your concert," said one of the people on the boat.        

"Why did you waste your talents going to Economics and Management School? You should have chosen a music school. You could be a pop star," another observed.    

But Debbie framed their comments as complimentary to Carlos.    

She thought they were trying to suck up to Carlos, rather than actually praising her performance. They'd been seen at the party together, after all.    

After an hour, the boat came back and docked, but the party didn't end until after midnight. That was when Debbie finally caught sight of her husband.    

But he was not alone. Megan, who was at his side with a smile, was seeing the guests off with him. He handsome and she pretty, they looked like a couple.    

The sight of them being together upset Debbie. But she managed to check her emotions. She walked over to them and took Carlos' arm. "I'm tired. I want to go home," she said.    

Carlos checked the time—it was already past midnight.    

But before he could say yes, Megan cut in with a smile, "Uncle Carlos, I didn't come here in my car. I was going to crash here tonight, but everyone's taking off and I'm scared staying here alone. Can you give me a lift?"    

Carlos wouldn't say no to such a small request.    

Debbie's heart sank when she heard Carlos say yes. She smiled wryly before sitting on the sofa and playing with her phone while waiting for them to say their farewells to the attendees.    

Finally, it was 1 a.m., and all the guests were gone. They boarded a boat and started their journey back.    

When Debbie finally saw Carlos' Emperor parked close by, she was relieved, and started walking towards the car. She took it for granted she should sit in the passenger seat.    

Before she could reach the car, however, Megan skipped to the car happily and opened the passenger side door. "Aunt Debbie, come on. It's late," she shouted to Debbie.     this content of novelfullbook.com, if you reading this content please go to website novelfullbook.com to continue reading, fastest update hourly

Debbie was surprised by what she was doing. 'Of course I know it's late. But what does she think she is doing?    

If she rides shotgun, where am I supposed to sit? I'm Carlos' wife. Shouldn't I sit next to my husband?'    

While Debbie was pondering this, Carlos put his hand above Megan's head protectively when she got in the car.    

After Megan got in, Carlos closed the passenger side door and opened the back door for Debbie. Standing next to the door, he stretched out his right hand towards the door in a gesture of invitation as a sign of chivalry.    

Debbie was totally enraged. Her sleepiness had been banished. Why was Megan more important to him than her, his wife?    

Ads by Pubfuture
She wanted to scream, "No. I don't want to get in your damn car!"    

But looking around, she found Carlos' car was the only one available at that late hour.    

Ignoring him, Debbie opened the back door on the other side and got in.    

Only then did Carlos notice his wife's bad mood. He walked around the car, craned his head into the car and asked, "What's wrong?"    

Debbie closed her eyes and answered in a cold tone, "Nothing. Just sleepy."