C95: What Are You Trying To Buy

Read Novel Online Full FREEWN
Novel  Take My Breath Away  Chapter 95: What Are You Trying To Buy
TAKE MY BREATH AWAY

"Wait. Just drop me here at the roadside," Debbie said. She didn't want to see Megan, nor did she intend to stop Carlos going.        

Carlos looked at her and sensed the change of her mood, but he didn't know what she was unhappy about. "Honey, if those men take Megan, she will be in danger," he explained patiently.    

But Debbie didn't respond.    

When they arrived at the gate of Megan's housing community, the girl was cringing in a chair in the security guards' room, holding her legs.    

"Megan!" Carlos called.    

At his voice, Megan raised her head, ran towards him, and held him tightly. "Uncle Carlos, I'm so glad you're here. I was scared out of my wits."    

"Don't be afraid. I'm here,"    

Carlos comforted her gently. Seeing her husband holding another woman was bad enough, but his soft, warm consoling tone made Debbie feel even worse.    

Some people used to say that her husband had a ruthless, cold soul.    

But not to everybody, it seemed.    

Gently he picked Megan up and carried her towards the car. "Open the door," he ordered the security guards.    

"Yes, Mr. Huo," answered the guards in unison as one of them darted to open the back door quickly.    

Then he turned to Debbie who had quietly stood by, watching. Thank God, he hadn't forgotten about her yet. "Deb, get in, please."    

Debbie didn't want to get in the car.    

Thankfully, as she was wondering what to do, her phone rang.    

"Hi Tomboy, I'm calling just to ask where you bought the red wine last time," said Kasie.    

"What? You're drunk? Where're you? Okay, I'm coming to pick you up," Debbie said on the phone.    

Kasie was confused. She took her phone away from her ear and checked the service, which was good. "No, Tomboy, I am asking—"    

"Oh, you are at home. Okay, stay put and wait for me. I'm on my way."    

Ads by Pubfuture
Before Kasie could respond, Debbie hung up. She looked at Carlos who was waiting for her to get in the car and said apologetically, "Sorry, Kasie is drunk at home. She is in a really bad mood right now. I have to go check on her. I'll stay at her place tonight."    

Staring at her, Carlos didn't say anything back.    

Megan, who was in his arms, clutched his shirt and said, "Debbie, go ahead if you have something to attend to. I'm already feeling much better and I don't see the need to hold you around. I'll watch over Uncle Carlos for you, just in case you're worried about him."    

Debbie was startled at the girl's nerve. 'This manipulative bitch!'    

"OK. Bye," she said and left in a huff.    

When she turned around, she hoped he'd call her or stop her. 'Stop me. If you stop me, I'll get in the car and go back to the villa with you.' But till a cab stopped in front of her, he didn't call her or come to her to ask her to stay.    

Carlos put Megan in the back seat and said, "Have a rest. I'll go—" He intended to tell Debbie that he wanted to drive her to Kasie's himself.