C151: I'm Debbie's Husband

Read Novel Online Full FREEWN
Novel  Take My Breath Away  Chapter 151: I'm Debbie's Husband
TAKE MY BREATH AWAY

At around 8 p.m., the elevator descended gracefully into the hotel lobby and a couple walked out, hand in hand. The woman had zipped her coat all the way to the top, put her hood up, and pulled the drawstrings tight. No one would be able to recognize who she was.        

"Mr. Huo, are you going out? Do you need a car?" the lobby manager asked with the utmost respect.    

"No," Carlos answered shortly.    

"Yes, Mr. Huo. Do you need any other services?"    

"No."    

"Sure, Mr. Huo. Goodbye." The manager always made a fuss whenever Carlos was around.    

On their way out, Carlos and Debbie had to bear the greetings from several hotel staff passing by. When they finally left the hotel, she heaved a long sigh of relief.    

Somehow, Carlos was not happy with her reaction. He cast a sideways glance at her and asked, "You feel ashamed of being with me, don't you?"    

'Not again! I've told him a dozen times.' Debbie was exasperated at the stupid thought but decided not to act it out. She grabbed his arm and told him with a sweet smile, "Honey, could you please wait until I graduate first? I'm not mentally prepared to live under limelight just yet."    

Then she added playfully, "You know who you are—the great Carlos Huo. It's quite a big thing to be your wife and sometimes, stressful too."    

Carlos' heart went soft at her words, but he managed to maintain a straight face. "Behave yourself. Don't hang onto my arm like that," he demanded frivolously.    

"It's all your fault! My legs are killing me. I am not the one to blame," she snapped back playfully. If it weren't for her rumbling stomach, she would still be tormented by this old goat.    

Carlos couldn't maintain his long face any longer, and his eyes reduced themselves to slits in his affection. "What do you want to eat?" he asked in a soft voice.    

"I don't know. I've never been to this city before. Let's look around and find something good to eat." She suddenly remembered that one of her cousins was a freshman in some university in this city, but she didn't know the exact address.    

She took out her phone from her pocket and asked Carlos casually, "Hey, do you know T City Film Academy?"    

"Yes," he responded cautiously.    

"Do you know where it is?"    

"About a couple of miles from here. Why?"    

Debbie was elated at the news. She dialed a number and told Carlos, "I'd like you to meet someone, okay?"    

"You know someone here?" he remarked in surprise.    

"Uh-huh. A cousin of mine."    

The call went through, and a girl's voice came from the other end. "Deb, you finally remember me, huh?"    

Debbie was thrilled to hear Sasha's voice again. "Sasha, I'm in T City. Are you available right now? How about we have dinner together?"    

Sasha, 19 years old, was Gail's sister and Debbie's cousin.    

Debbie had a much better relationship with her than with Gail.    

"Really?! I'm so glad. Send me your address and I'll come over to you right now." Sasha's screaming was so loud that even Carlos could hear her on the phone.