C90: In The Hospital

Read Novel Online Full FREEWN
Novel  Take My Breath Away  Chapter 90: In The Hospital
TAKE MY BREATH AWAY

"Okay, fine," Carlos replied resignedly. "You know, I intended to have a passionate night with you yesterday, but this injury totally ruined my plans," he confessed. He had been patient with Debbie for a long time. If he waited any longer, he was afraid that something wrong could happen to his manhood.        

Debbie gave him a glare and seized the opportunity to complain, "You should have known better than to get yourself injured. Maybe God doesn't want you to get your own way."    

"If that had been the case, then my injuries wouldn't have landed on my arm. Deb, I can push myself up with one arm. How about we have a try?"    

Debbie's heart was racing and she could hardly maintain her composure anymore. Carlos seemed odd to her today. He kept hitting on her and as if that wasn't enough to throw her off the mark, he was very handsy as well. Desperate for a way to contain her surging emotions, she stomped on his foot and snapped, albeit frivolously, "Keep your hands off me!"    

Carlos was amused by the shy and annoyed expression on her face. He bowed his head and kissed her forehead softly before whispering, "Honey, I'll go to the hospital with you, but I think I deserve a reward for the trouble."    

Hearing him call her honey again, Debbie couldn't help smiling and taunted quietly, "And what reward does this child want?"    

"This, of course." He pulled her into his arms and kissed her deeply on the lips. Nothing else could be heard anymore in the room except for the heavy breathing of the two.    

Some time later, Debbie walked out of Carlos' room again with burning cheeks, looking definitely rumpled. She fetched a mask from her bedroom and asked Carlos to put it on.    

Just as they were about to leave, Debbie reminded him to put on a pair of sunglasses too. After that, she took a glance at him and decided that everything was finally set now. They left the villa and headed for the hospital.    

Emmett had already made an appointment for them with the doctor. In the consulting room, the doctor looked at Carlos' wound carefully and changed his dressing. It took about two hours to complete the process, after which, they left the doctor's consulting room. Debbie had been under the impression that they would be heading back to the villa immediately, but to her surprise, Carlos was holding her hand and leading her to the inpatient department.    

"Where are we going?" she asked in confusion.    

"The inpatient department. Megan was hospitalized and is being kept under observation."    

Hearing Megan's name, Debbie didn't respond and just followed him silently.    

Hardly had they reached the door of the ward before they heard the sound of Megan's laughter emanating cheerfully from inside, in stark contrast to the hospital's general ambiance. At that point, Debbie noticed an evident smile on her husband's face, and secretly, made a face in disapproval.    

Walking inside, they noticed that Damon and Wesley were already there. Megan was sitting on the edge of the bed, giggling at Damon's jokes.    

Her eyes brightened when she saw Carlos and Debbie. She ran towards Carlos, calling in a cheerful voice, "Ah, Uncle Carlos, Uncle Carlos, you are here. Are you okay? Does it still hurt?"    

Seeing her trotting over, Carlos released Debbie's hand and spread his arms to catch the girl. "Mmm, I'm fine. But you be careful. You shouldn't do anything strenuous right now."