C159: Official Announcement

Read Novel Online Full FREEWN
Novel  Take My Breath Away  Chapter 159: Official Announcement
TAKE MY BREATH AWAY

As she stared at the photo posted on Carlos' Weibo page, Debbie began to recall what had happened yesterday. After lunch yesterday, they got back into Carlos' car. She had just taken off her jacket when he suddenly pinned her down in the back seat and began kissing her. In the driver's seat was Emmett, quietly sitting, as if he didn't know what was happening. It occurred to her that the partition of the car had been rolled down when they parked the car on highway service area. They'd forgotten to roll it up again, so Emmett had secretly taken a photo of them passionately kissing.        

Coming back to her senses, she scrolled through the comments on the post. A few minutes after dinner, the comments were at a million and counting. Ranking top of the comments was a user by the account name "J-Loves-D". "Wow!! Mr. Huo takes my breath away!"

In second rank was Colleen's comment. "Mr. Huo, you've crowded your wife to the corner. Give her some room to breathe, boy!" she wrote.    

"This official announcement of love broke my heart!" another user wrote.    

For the next half an hour, Debbie read the comments one by one, which kept increasing by the minute.    

It wasn't until she heard the barking of the dog that she reluctantly moved her eyes away from the phone.    

'Oh shit! I forgot to walk Hum, and...I even forgot to feed him!' she thought and kicked herself.    

Squatting in front of the dog, she murmured, "Hum, I'm so sorry. I forgot about you." The dog made a sound between barking and yawning. It almost sounded like it wanted to speak its mind and reprimand Debbie for ignoring it. "Okay, Hum. You don't have to complain. I feel guilty about it already. And for that, I'll prepare a double serving of meat for you. Right away!"    

At the door to the kitchen, she gestured to Hum. "Come over. Tell me how you'd want your meat cooked. Would you fancy spices?"    

Hum didn't budge a little, but just stared at her discontentedly.    

Unsure what to feed the dog, Debbie took out her phone to call Carlos for confirmation. But hardly had she unlocked the screen when the doorbell rang. The gate of the villa was kind of far away from the kitchen, so she quickly ran to the living room and checked on CCTV. From the screen, Debbie saw that there was a woman standing in front of the gate with an anxious look on her face. Immediately, she pressed the speaker button and communicated with the woman outside. "Hello, who are you?"    

The woman instantly explained, "Mrs. Huo, I'm sorry. I'm hired to come and take care of the dog. I should've come earlier, but I had something urgent at home to deal with, so I am late. I'm really sorry..."    

'So Carlos has assigned someone to take care of the dog too...' Debbie thought.    

She pressed another button beside the screen and the door of the villa opened automatically. The woman rushed to the porch and changed into a pair of clean shoes before entering the living room. Then she hurried up to Debbie and apologized again, "I'm really sorry. My child had some trouble this afternoon. I won't be late anymore. This job is really important to me. Mrs. Huo, please don't get angry with me..."    

Debbie was taken aback by her humble begging for mercy. Snapping back to the reality, she shook her head vigorously. "Never mind. It doesn't matter at all. Relax. Hum is hungry now. Please prepare the food for it."    

The woman was moved by Debbie's warm gesture. With teary eyes, she thanked Debbie and ran to the storeroom to fetch kibble and chicken meat.    

Curious, Debbie stood at one side and watched the woman get down to work. Putting the chicken meat into a pan, she added the kibble, a little salt, and covered the pan.