chapter 1

─── ⋆⋅❈⋅⋆ ───

─── ⋆⋅❈⋅⋆ ───

"I hope I'm looking manly."

Jungkook let out a heavy sigh as he stood before the mirror, reluctantly dressed in the sombre black attire that had been chosen for his wedding day.

The fabric clung to him in all the wrong places, stifling his desire for something more lively and colorful. It was a stark contrast to what he had imagined for this day—a day that should have been filled with joy and celebration.

With a resigned air, he moved towards the dressing table, the soft light casting shadows on his face as he prepared himself for the ordeal that lay ahead.

This was a wedding he hadn't asked for, a union forced upon him by circumstances beyond his control. It would undoubtedly become a defining moment of his life, but not in the way he had hoped.

Seated in front of the mirror, he looked into his own eyes, the reflection staring back at him with a mix of apprehension and defiance. The stylists began to work, their skilled hands applying makeup with practiced precision.

Yet, as his features were enhanced and perfected, Jungkook's mind was miles away, lost in a world of conflicting emotions.

Thoughts swirled within his head—the life he was about to step into felt foreign, a path he hadn't chosen.

Jungkook was well acquainted with the cravings for intimacy, sex, and touch—men's touch—that had led him down a different road.

At 23, he had lived a life of passionate encounters and a lot of sex, only with men, yet he had never experienced the delicate dance of love. The very emotion he had longed for had remained elusive, like a distant dream.

Jungkook's heart yearned for something more profound—a love that transcended physicality, a connection that was as beautiful as it was deep.

Jungkook had envisioned a future with a partner who would understand him, cherish him, and stand by him through life's ups and downs. A partner to build a family with, to create a haven of warmth and affection.

But destiny had taken a cruel turn, leading him to this moment of bitter compromise. The weight of his father's expectations hung heavily upon his shoulders, a burden he was now being made to bear.

As he sat there, his reflection began to blur, the lines between reality and his own desires blurring as a single question echoed in his mind—would this act of submission finally make his father proud of him?

Jungkook's journey had taken him down unexpected paths, but now he stood at a crossroads, ready to embark on a new chapter that was dictated not by his own heart but by external forces.

Jungkook's cabin was bathed in a soft, warm glow as his friend Jimin entered, accompanied by his boyfriend Yoongi.

The air carried a mix of excitement and nervous energy as they crossed the threshold, their presence a comfort to the groom, whose heart was heavy with conflicting emotions.