chapter 2

─── ⋆⋅❈⋅⋆ ───

─── ⋆⋅❈⋅⋆ ───

Jungkook's ragged breaths echoed in the confined space of the car, the intensity of the moment slowly dissipating. The man beneath him chuckled and asked the question that pierced through the post-event silence: "What about your wedding?"

Jungkook's eyes widened, his realisation hitting him like a tidal wave. He swiftly disentangled himself from the man's lap as a loud knock resonated on the car's glass. Panic surged as Jungkook jumped into the passenger seat, hastily pulling on his boxers and trousers.

The persistent knocking continued, each thud echoing through Jungkook's nerves. The other man in the car also hurriedly dressed, wiping away the telltale signs of their illicit encounter.

Exiting the car, Jungkook's breath hitched as he faced an intimidating figure. Brown hazel eyes pierced through him, a small ponytail held tight at the back of the man's neck, clad in a grey tailored suit. It was none other than Kim Taehyung, his soon-to-be father-in-law.

Taehyung's gaze, intense and disapproving, shifted from Jungkook to the man who swiftly made his escape. The air hung heavy with unspoken tension.

Putting his hands in his pockets, Taehyung maintained a calm exterior despite the storm within. Jungkook's swollen lips and the prominent hickey on his neck didn't escape Taehyung's keen observation.

"So, you dared to cheat on my girl," Taehyung's voice was composed, his gaze unyielding, effortlessly asserting dominance.

Despite the gravity of the situation, Jungkook found himself involuntarily admiring the man's captivating presence, a distraction in the midst of chaos. And whatthefuck happened to his voice? He sounded so fucking deep.

Jungkook's throat tightened as he struggled to find the right words, his gaze fixed on Taehyung, who exuded an aura of undeniable allure. The tension hung in the air as Jungkook grappled with the delicate situation, acutely aware of the significant age gap between them and the familial connection that loomed overhead.

In an attempt to break the silence, Jungkook mustered the courage to speak, his voice betraying a hint of nervousness. "I... She was the one w-who cheated first between us," he admitted, his eyes widening, surprised by his own audacity and uncertain of how Taehyung would react.

To his astonishment, Taehyung remained calm, his expression unreadable. Jungkook observed as Taehyung took measured steps backward, finding support against a sleek black car. The older man retrieved a cigarette package, his hands a captivating sight as they effortlessly handled the slender stick, a subtle flame lighting up the end.

Taehyung's eyes remained fixed on Jungkook as he released a plume of smoke, the tendrils swirling around him. Jungkook couldn't help but be captivated by the beauty of Taehyung's lips, an unintended distraction in this tense confrontation.