chapter 24

_

_

As Taehyung took the last puff of his cigarette, the vibrant atmosphere of the parking lot seemed to glow around him, contrasting with the charcoal hue of his suit. He leaned against his car, the sleek lines of his attire mirroring the sophistication of the towering building behind him.

With a flick of his wrist, he extinguished the cigarette beneath his polished black shoes, leaving behind a faint wisp of smoke in the air.

As he strode towards the elevator, his purposeful gait halted abruptly as a familiar presence enveloped him from behind, a tight grip pressing against his abs.
Taehyung's lips curled into a knowing smirk.

"Hi, ex-boyfriend," came the unmistakable voice, laden with a hint of mischief.

"Hi, honey," Taehyung responded smoothly, gently extricating himself from the embrace before turning to face the source of the greeting.

Eleanor stood before him, her presence familiar. Taehyung greeted her with a warm smile, and she pulled him into a hug, her head resting comfortably against his shoulder.

"Missed you," she sighed as they embraced, her affection palpable in the air.

"Missed you too," Taehyung replied, offering a reassuring tap on her shoulder, careful not to disrupt her meticulously styled hair.

As they pulled back, Eleanor's gaze softened with genuine concern. "How's Lisa? I can't believe three months have passed since her marriage. I missed her like she's my 5-year-old baby."

"She's healthy and happy," Taehyung reassured her, his thoughts briefly drifting to the memory of Lisa's wedding day, a day when another significant encounter had unfolded.

Together, they made their way towards the ballroom, Eleanor clinging to Taehyung's left arm. her shimmering attire, reflecting her affinity for all things sparkling.

As the elevator doors slid shut behind them, enveloping them in a cocoon of privacy, Taehyung's gaze swept over Eleanor. "You look beautiful," he murmured, his voice a soft caress in the confined space.

Eleanor's response was a confident hum, her lips curving into a teasing smile. "And you're hot and sexy as always," she retorted, her tone dripping with playful seduction.

"I know," Taehyung chuckled, the sound rich with amusement as he met her playful banter with equal levity. His eyes sparkled with a mischievous glint, mirroring the playful energy between them.

As they approached the entrance to the party, Taehyung gently slid her hand away from his, a subtle gesture laden with unspoken understanding.

Locking eyes with her, he squeezed her hand reassuringly and whispered, "We don't want gossip about our patch up, right?"

Eleanor's sigh of realisation carried the weight of their shared agreement, her expression softening with understanding. "Yes," she murmured, cognizant of the delicate balance they needed to maintain in the public eye.