chapter 4

─── ⋆⋅❈⋅⋆ ───

─── ⋆⋅❈⋅⋆ ───

"I'm feeling tired," Lisa sighed, her steps echoing through the grandeur of the penthouse, a gift bestowed upon her by Taehyung for her and Jungkook. The opulence of their new home struck a stark contrast to Lisa's weariness.

As they entered, Jungkook's eyes wandered, absorbing the beauty meticulously crafted by designers who had eagerly sought his input. However, Jungkook's disinterest led them to retreat, leaving him with a simple request: just one room, private and uncomplicated.

The journey through the penthouse halted at their destination. Lisa turned to Jungkook, fatigue evident in her voice. "What happened?"

Jungkook, taken aback, questioned, "Will we sleep in one room?"

"Yes, just for today. You didn't let the designer work on a room for you," Lisa replied wearily. Her gaze shifted to an adjacent room. "Your stuff is in there, but I don't think it's ready for you to sleep. Go change and come back here."

"Okay." Jungkook nodded, appreciating Lisa's practicality and maturity beyond her eighteen years. As Lisa disappeared into their room, Jungkook entered the adjacent space.

After changing into comfortable clothes—a green tee and white short pants—Jungkook knocked on the door. Lisa's voice welcomed him, instructing him to enter. As he stepped inside, a sigh of relief escaped him; the room held no romantic ambiance, a pleasant deviation from his expectations.

Choosing the left side of the bed, Jungkook took in the room's view. The serenity of the space eased his tired mind. He leaned against the headboard, glancing at Lisa, who peeked out from a wardrobe that seemed to rival the size of the room.

A shy smile graced Lisa's lips as she admitted, "I'm unable to undress myself. Can you please untie the ribbons and pull down the back zip?"

Jungkook nodded, understanding the situation. Approaching her, he turned her way as she faced the wardrobe. With nimble fingers, he untied the white ribbons, and the room was filled with the rustling of fabric. The zip made peculiar sounds as he pulled it down until it reached her waist.

Turning to face him, Lisa thanked him, her eyes expressing gratitude. Jungkook simply nodded and stated, "I'm switching off the lights and taking the left corner."

"Okay, good night, my husband," Lisa teased, her voice sweet and playful.

"Good night, wife!" Jungkook chuckled, finding her endearing. The room plunged into darkness, and in the stillness, a new chapter began for the couple in their penthouse, gifted by Kim Taehyung.

• • •

The evening air in the penthouse hung heavy with a subtle blend of luxury and anticipation. Taehyung, briefcase in hand, punched the pincode, granting him access to the sophisticated realm of Lisa and Jungkook's penthouse. The city lights painted a mesmerising canvas outside the wide windows as he stepped into the lavish space.