chapter 8

─── ⋆⋅❈⋅⋆ ───

─── ⋆⋅❈⋅⋆ ───

Taehyung's jet black hair cascaded gracefully, an ethereal dance in the cold night breeze, the strands caressing the nape of his neck, cheeks, and ears as he navigated the parking lot towards the entrance of the club.

The late hour suggested that he should have been nestled in the comfort of his bed, but the call from Lisa disrupted his tranquility. Amid the act of drying his hair after a soothing bath, Lisa's distressed voice reached him. A vague tale unfolded: an inebriated Lisa, a sudden intervention from her boyfriend, and the revelation that Jungkook appeared damaged after a fight.

Without a second thought, Taehyung hastily donned a simple tee and half pants, his unruly hair left untied in his rush to assess the situation and ensure the well-being of the younger couple.

As he stepped into the club's vicinity, his keen eyes scanned the surroundings for any sign of Lisa or Jungkook. Adjusting his glasses, he finally spotted Lisa reclining on a sofa, her boyfriend acknowledging Taehyung's presence. Lisa, upon opening her eyes, greeted Taehyung with a tired "Dad."

Concern etched across his features, Taehyung kneeled down before her, questioning, "Are you okay?"

A yawn punctuated Lisa's response: "Yes, I just had a little too much to drink." She continued, her gaze shifting to the left. "He came back from the washroom looking bruised. I tried to talk to him, but he didn't respond properly; he just insisted that he's fine."

Taehyung followed Lisa's line of sight, directing his attention to Jungkook, seated on the floor and leaning against one of the sofas, darkness surrounding him.

"Let's go home." Taehyung's voice cut through the night air, a command laden with paternal concern.

"I'm going with Joon. Can you take care of Jungkook?" Lisa's words carried a plea.

Taehyung gazes at her boyfriend. Their relationship was in its infancy—a mere few weeks—and the depth of trust was yet to be fully established.

"You can trust me. I'm not completely drunk, and it's not the first time for her to stay with me in such a drunken state," Joon reassured, his demeanour portraying an air of responsibility.

He looked A good boy by appearance, Taehyung was sure he would not dare to hurt a billionaire's daughter in any way.

"Fine, take care of her," Taehyung acquiesced, his gaze lingering on the departing figures of Lisa and her boyfriend. He watched Joon guide her with careful consideration, offering a silent assurance to Lisa's father.

Turning his attention to Jungkook, who remained seated and cast his gaze downward, Taehyung approached him with measured steps. Kneeling before the younger man, Jungkook flinched at the sudden proximity, his eyes revealing a mix of vulnerability and recognition.