Chapter 1

Hi dear readers,

how are you? Hope you all are doing fine. It is my first story hope you all will enjoy it just the way I do while writing it. Please do not do hate comments while reading it if you do not like it just do not read it. If you want to point out my mistakes than you guys are always welcome.

And I LOVE YOU ALL MY SWEET BABIES. Muahhhhhh

Chapter 1

My father has fixed my wedding with the king of Malwa Rana Vikram Dev Singh. He is said to be a very cruel ruler. He is a very good warrior and this fact is not hidden by many. That is why not many kingdoms are excited to fight with him in battle ground. He was said to be a silent killer both in battle field and politics.

I am the victim of all this politics and battles fought against kings. My father Raja Harisen, King of Ratnapur formed allies with many other kingdoms to defeat the King of Malwa. But he got defeated, because the king of Malwa sent his spy to one of the kingdoms and got all the information about the upcoming battle. He formed an army larger than ours and defeated them with his allies.

Now he has defeated us. He has killed my father and was coming to dethrone us, but my eldest brother Suryasen has proposed a marriage alliance with them to save our kingdom.

My own elder brother did not even mind about my opinion he just set up the wedding of the King of Malwa with me. Ofcourse, who can be a better sacrificial goat them me. The one and only ignored child of the royal family because my mother was not royal blooded, she was a commoner. No one respects me here they treat me as all the other maids of the palace. Never let me sit with them, never talks to me unless to give me work, never ate food with me, never come to see when I fell ill. Like I do not even exist in their world but now they remembered me when they had to marry me with a cruel king who I have not even seen once in my life, who I do not know nothing about.

I have cried my full the previous night. Today is the day of wedding. No one is even here to console me just the maids who are told to make me ready for wedding. They have only come to threat me not to tell him(Rana Dev Singh) about my being illegitimate child. I can only think of the things that will happen when he will know this truth. Firstly the marriage alliance instead of punishment and now cheating him by giving him an illegitimate daughter of the King of Ratnapur.

My thoughts came to an end my step mother, sister and younger brother entered in my room. My step mother was the princess of Vishnupur. She has three children two boys and a girl. She loves them greatly and hates me with each fiber of herr being along with her kids. So I do not talk to any one of them.

"If you are ready then come out quickly, we can not wait for you for eternity" said my step-mother.

"it's not like you will turn into a beautiful princess" followed my sister.

"Maharani sa, I was just going to take her to the mandap" said krishnika, my best fried. She was a cook. Most of the time we cook food for the palace together. She is very sweet and always try to save me from my parents scolding . It was her mother who took care of me in my childhood when my mother passed away. Since then she and I became friends. Her mother is ill she could not come.

"Come out quickly" she said curtely.

My stepmother along with my siblings departed from the room after nodding their heads.

I saw krishnika with tears in my eyes, she hold my hands and started walking out of the room with me.

"Raunak, you are my best friend and its hard for me to see you marrying of like this. I do not know anything about the King but I want you to promise me one thing that you will not believe in all this rumors about him and will only judge him by his behaviour. May be you can find a better life than this. Don't be sad and please come meet me and write me letters about their " she said while sliding my duppata to cover my face till neck.

'I promise" I said to her with my weak voice

I sat in mandap and the wedding passed in blur.

He put the vermilion in the partition of my head but my eyes could not lift up to look at his face. Like all my hopes have died with this marriage.

Everything was passing in blur. By the time all rituals ended the sun has risen and it was time for my vidayi.

I hugged my friend Krishnika and sat in palanquin. Soon my palanquin lifted up and convoy started their journey to my new home, the palace of Malwa. Tears started to flow freely from my eyes, I could not stop them. As the realisation of my reality hit me in my face. I am going to my enemies kingdom with the thread of lies. I do know what will he do when he will get to know the truth. My sister could not marry him because she was promised to some one else. If my family would have married her to him that had led to another war with that kingdom.i have sacrificed my whole life for them and they did not even say a word of gratitude to me not even acted to look at me with love and adoration in their eyes. I did not even know why I was expecting it now when in my whole life my hopes all been crushed by everyone strong voices. I could not even speak freely because I am the one who is always wrong. Even my father always thought of me as a liar and always supported my siblings. I did not even know what crime I have committed to boar such a hurtful and lonely life. My mother should have killed me the day she had chosen the path of death for herself. Sometimes I just hate my father and mother for everything. It was not even my fault but I am the only one who is bearing all the punishment. Why it is always me at the short end of the rope.

Soon I fell into a deep slumber with all the exhaustion and tears in my eyes.

This is the first part of our story. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Love you all my chipmunks.