Chapter 18

Raunak why are you crying?" He asked at which I did not have any answer. I quickly wiped my tear and reassured him that I am fine.

"I just miss my family back home " I lied to him feeling guilt weighing my shoulder down.

"Princess very soon we are going to your brother's wedding do not be sad. I will take you soon to your home" He said wiping my tears and kissing my cheeks.

The guilt I was feeling was coming to me in a full force I could not look at his nor into his eyes. I closed my eyes and tried to stop my tears. I feel suffocated with all this messed up truth and web of lies encirling around my neck and choking me to death.

He soothes me whispering sweet nothings into my ears at late night I feel darkness surrounding and I feel into a deep slumber.

Next day Rana sa along with Baba has gone to some council meeting held with all the neighbour kingdoms. I helped Soni with her work after finishing them I come to sat in my room. I was feeling very bored so I decided to take a walk in the garden, the fresh wind and beautiful flowers with their enticing fragrance always soothes me.

I came to garden and saw Kala already present there she was planting a shrub there. Her dress was messy with all the dirt rubbed on her, that was so unlike Kala. She was perfection the Kala I come to understand will never do something like this. 

I stopped for a second thinking if I should ask about her unusual behaviour but decided against it because she will just bad mouth me.

I turned around and started walking in the direction of my chamber.

"Are you going without even talking to me?" 

She said surprising me I did not expect her to notice me.

I turned towards her but did not move from my position, I did not know what was going in her mind. She was never this quite. Hell! Kala has never ever talk to me without making me feel like some maid. 

She slowly came to stand in front of me there was no mischevious or taunting expression on her face but there was sadness in her expression. I stood there silently without saying anything waiting for her to say something.

"Raunak, I am sorry" She said signing and looking into my eyes with regret on her face.

I did not understand why is she even saying  that.

"You must be thinking why? Because I am a fool and I could even understand a simple thing that Vikram is now married. At first I thought that he will marry me and make me his second wife like all other Rajputana kings. I did not even realized that it was me who had asked him to promise me that he will take one wife only. My parents both my mother and father since my childhood always told me that Vikram was mine and soon I accepted it that he is mine. It became hard for me to realize that he is someone else's and not mine, from my childhood to adulthood I have seen him as mine that I become so selfish to ruin his happiness. 

And that is why I am sorry I promise to never interfere in your happiness. I know my parents will not like my decision so much but I will handle them. I congratulate for your upcoming life you are lucky to have him in your life he is very caring and that was the thing that made me fall for him. I was fool from starting to even think that I have any chance with him still but seeing you both happy and so in love I have realised this bitter truth that he was not mine from starting it was just put into my head. So now I am leaving all this behind and going to live a peaceful life" 

Kala said and hugged me with tears falling from her eyes. I hugged her back and soothes her. After crying her heart out she wiped her tears, thanked me for everything.

"Kala why you are going just now please stay a little longer" I said to her.

"No Raunak I have accepted reality and it is time for me to give myself a chance. I wish you a life time happiness, Vikram is very caring and good person just never break his heart" She said to me and go to her carriage waiting outside for her.

"You should you mother before going she will be worried?" I asked her.

"She will understand don't stress yourself about her. I just stayed here to apologise to you" Kala said before her carriage starts to move out of the castle.

A/N: Hi guys!!!

I hope you all are doing great. I know I am a little late but my practical and assignments were keeping me busy. I still have them but I just wanted to continue writing my book. Please guys comment and like my stories  and also I appreciate the lovely people liking my each chapter. 

I love you all my bunnies

Stay tuned

Bye bye!!