Chapter 12

Hi guys!!!
I hope you are are doing fine. Here's new chapter drop for you all

Enjoy!

I touched the elder women's feet and greeted princess Kala. With their lack of responses I could easily assume that they did not like me much.

"Who is she?" Princess Kala asked giving me a look of disgust.

"She is my daughter-in-law and Vikram's wife Raunak Queen of Malwa" She said with pround smile on her face.

They both looked at me with disbelief scanning me with their eyes from head to toe like I am some specimen kept for them to judge.

I did not like it even for a second but decided to stay silent as they are guest here.

"Impossible! " Kala exclaimed arrogantly

"It is possible as you can see Raunak here" Maa sa said with teasing smile.

"I cannot believe that she is a princess she does not even look like one and she is working with these maids in kitchen. What princess does that?"
Queen exclaimed arrogantly almost shouting.

"I don't know about others but I am happy that my daughter do that. A Queen should treat each of her people as equal, she should always be compassionate with others and I am glad that Raunak has all those values in her"
She said smiling at them with ease like they were not trying to degrade me but at the same time I like the way she is handling this situation.

They are our allies so we could not offend them to go against us so she is playing it cool. I should learn to answer like this.

They did not said a thing for a minute realisation evident on their faces that they have been out of line.

"Yes of course it a good quality. Please accept my sincere apology Raunak" She said smiling at me.

"Oh no it's ok, I didn't mind"
I minded but what can I really say and even her smile does not seem genuine, it seems like something mischievous is going around in her mind.
And the princess Kala she just stood silently with venom in her eyes like she could not stand me for a second.

I think Maa sa saw it to she asked them to take some rest before the dinner is served and take them away from me.

That was very intense and stressful meeting. If all the guests coming would be anything like that then I don't think I am going to survive this fest for any second.

I even don't know when Rana sa will come. Phew!

I come to my room feeling little disturbed followed by Soni.

"Are all the guests will going to be like that? " I questioned.

"No, they don't have any reason to be" She said

"And what reason they have then?"

"Ah, the princess that Kala she liked Raja sa thinking that he will maary her. God took mercy upon us and Raja sa married you. She is a total bitch. Don't mind her she is just jealous of you that he choosed you and not her" She said laughing evily.

"Really?? And no one thought about telling me! "
I said feeling a little angry.

"I did not know they were still allies and were invited to come at the function. These informations are not shared with us we just heard every news through gossips, otherwise I would have told you"
She said

"She is beautiful" I said Rembering her face

"No she is not atleast not to anyone of us. Just spend these few days with her you will also hate her, she has a very dark heart with all the selfishness in her. Raja sa knew it too that is why he never choose her as his bride he sees humanity in a human not beauty and other worldly things and stop saying that you are not beautiful you are most beautiful person I have ever met Rani sa and all the humbleness you show towards us just makes you more beautiful" She said sincerely.

"Soni you did not tell me you were this good at flirting" I teased her and we both started to laugh at that.

We talk some more about all the upcoming guests and spend our day bikering and laughing at nothing. It was fun to spend time with her.

After dinner Maa sa asked me to walk her to her chamber so I accompanied her.

"Raunak I believe that till now you would have know about Kala and the Queen"
She asked silently breaking the silence

"Yes" I said waiting for a moment before answering.

"Dear, I did know that she still have any feeling for Vikram. I invited her so that she can accept that Vikram is married and she have to stop thinking about him" She said looking at me

"Maa sa was Rana sa promised to her for some marriage alliance?" I asked hesitaingly not really wanting to hear her answer.

"No he never was. Me and Vikram never liked her much, maybe it's her arrogance or insolent behavior towards others but we never accepted her. It was always Vikram's father that wanted her as our daughter-in-law, they always fight over this that he will not marry for some political reasons he will marry for love but Ranjeet never understood him" She said with teary eyes.

I hugged Maa sa and whisper soothing words to her. She lay on her bed and asked me to take some rest too.
I came to my Chamber and fell into a restless slumber.

Thank you all to read please write a review for me to know how you all are liking this story.

Will see you all soon love you babies
Bye bye!!