Chapter One: The Outsiders

Third-Person POV

As Qui-Gon, R2 , Padme and Jar Jar walk down the main street of Mos Espa, They go near the little plaza surrounded by several junk spaceship dealers. They head for a little junk shop that has a huge pile of broken spaceships stacked up behind it.

In Watto's Junk Shop

Qui-Gon, Padme, R2 , and Jar Jar enter the dingy junk shop and are greeted by Watto, a pudgy Toydarian who flies with his short little wings like a hummingbird.

Watto: Guta naloya. (Good day to you.)

Watto flies over to the visitors.

Watto: Ha chuba da nala? (What do you want?)

Qui-Gon: I need parts for a J-type 327 Nubian.

Watto: Ah yes, ah yes. Nubian. We have lots of that. Peedenk! Naba dee unko (Boy, get in here! Now!)

Qui-Gon: My droid here has a readout of what I need.

A disheveled boy, Anakin Skywalker, runs in from the junk yard. He is about nine years old, very dirty, and dressed in rags.

Watto turns to Anakin.

Watto: Coona tee-tocky malia? (What took you so long?)

Anakin: Mel tassa cho-passa... (I was cleaning the fan switches)

Watto: Chut-Chut! Ganda doe wallya. Me dwana no bata. (Watch the store. I've got some selling to do here.) (to Gui-Gon) Soooo, let me take - a thee out back. You'll find what you need.

R2 and Qui-Gon follow Watto toward the junk yard, leaving Jar Jar with Padme and the young boy Anakin.

WATTO'S JUNK YARD BEHIND THE SHOP

Watto flies along as Qui-Gon walks through the junk yard.

Watto: ... a T-14 hyperdrive generator!! Thee in luck, I'm the only one hereabouts who has one.

In the distance we see an older looking boy, welding a piece of steel to a spaceship engine mindlessly working away.

Watto: Boy, get over here!!

As Watto shouts, the boy stops welding dropping his welder tool taking off welding helmet looks toward Watto and Qui-Gon and starts walking his way toward them.

Revan: Hello there, names Revan nice meet ya.

holding out his shake Qui-Gon's with a small smile, Qui-Gon accepts the gestures back.

Qui-Gon: My name is Qui-Gon, It's a pleasure to meet you, young man.

Watto interrupts this greeting, as he fly's in between the two.

Watto: This man here is looking for the T-14 hyperdrive, you know where it is, yes?

Revan: The T-14? yeah I do, but why would you wanna buy that?

Qui-Gon: I need it to fix my ship, why do you ask? 

Revan simply smiles cheekily as he looks between Watto and Qui-Gon

Revan: You might as well purchase a new ship, and It would be way cheaper to buy.

Watto: Saying of which, how's thee going to pay for all this?

Qui-Gon: I have 20,000 Republic dataries.

Watto: Republic credits?!? Republic credits are no good out here. I need something more real...