Chapter Three: The Clones

KAMINO - SPACE

Revan and Obi-Wan jump out hyperspace, getting out of the hyperspace rings, Revan and Obi-Wan fly down to the planet.

Obi-Wan sits in the starship's cockpit, wearing a headset. He contacts Revan's  starship's. 

Obi-Wan: Looks like you were right, Revan, right where it should be.

Revan: Our missing planet, Kamino. Those files were altered by somebody.

KAMINO - TIPOCA CITY - KAMINO LANDING PLATFORM - DAY

Heavy rains and hard-driving winds lash the platform as Obi-Wan's and Revan's starship's approach. The huge, ultra-modern city of Tipoca rests on great stilts that keep it above the pounding and ever-present waves that cover the surface of this watery world.

The Starfighter's land. Obi-Wan and Revan get out and make their way through the howling wind toward a tower on the far side of the platform. A door slides open. A shaft of brilliant light pierces the swirling rain. Obi-Wan and Revan pass through it and go inside.

Obi-Wan and Revan push off their their soaking hoods from their faces. BD shakes some rain off himself.

???: Master Jedi, My name is Taun We, so good to see you. Welcome to Tipoca City.

Obi-Wan wipes the rain from his face as both he and Revan blink in surprise at a tall, pasty-white alien named Taun We. She has large almond shaped eyes, and speaks with a slow, melodic singsong voice.

TAUN WE: Everything is ready. The Prime Minister is expecting you.

Revan: (warily) We're expected?

Taun We: Of course! He is anxious to meet you. After all these years, we were beginning to think you weren't coming. Now please, this way.

Revan: How many years have you been waiting, if you don't mind me asking?

Taun We: Of course, it's been about ten years, since we've been waiting.

Revan and Obi-Wan look over at each other with shock and confusion.

TIPOCA CITY - PRIME MINISTER'S OFFICE - DAY

The door slides open. Obi-Wan, Revan and Taun We enter and cross to where a Kaminoan rises smiling from his chair, which, like all the furniture on Kamino, seems made out of pure light.

Taun We: May I present Lama Su, Prime Minister of Kamino. And this is Master Jedi-

Obi-Wan: Obi-Wan Kenobi. 

Revan: Revan, Just Revan.

Lama Su: Please.

Lama Su gestures to a seat, which Obi-Wan takes, while Revan stands beside him. Lama Su sits as well, while Taun We hovers beside him. The room is bathed in brilliant white light. The whole place is ultra high-tech. 

Lama Su: I trust you are going to enjoy your stay. You will be delighted to hear that we are on schedule. Two hundred thousand units are ready, with a million more well on the way.

Obi-Wan and Revan are lost, but Obi-Wan improvises as best he can. 

Obi-Wan: That's, good news. 

Lama Su: Please tell your Master Sifo-Dyas that his order will be met on time and in full. He is well, I hope.

Obi-Wan: I'm sorry? Master-?