Chapter Three: Freedom

TIMESKIP - ARENA - PRIVATE BOX

Watto sees Qui-Gon and Revan standing in the doorway.

Watto: You! You swindled me! You knew the boy was going to win! Somehow you knew it! I lost everything.

Watto flies up to Qui-Gon and puts his face right up against Qui-Gon's. Revan simply has a smug smile on his face.

Qui-Gon: Whenever you gamble, my friend, eventually you'll lose. Bring the parts to the main hanger. I'll come by your shop later so you can release Anakin and Revan.

WATTO: You can't have them! It wasn't a fair bet!

Revan: I don't know Watto, the hutts Wouldn't like that your not settling your bet ... I'm sure Jabba the Hutt wounldnt like that either.

WATTO: (to Qui-Gon) Take them!

Qui-Gon nods as both He and Revan starts to leave. 

Revan: So you never answer my question earlier, why did you do it, why did free me and Ani?

Qui-Gon glances at Revan as their walking.

Qui-Gon: Because you and Ani are special, The Force is particularly strong with you both.

Revan: But that just can't be only free'd us.

Qui-Gon: Revan, what do you know about of the Force?

Revan: Well not much, why do you ask?

Qui-Gon: The Force surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together. It also helps us find our path, and my path has led me to both of you.

Revan: You believe that the Force has an important role in my life. That my destiny has already been written?

Qui-Gon: That's a great way to look at it. But only time will tell. Go on, start heading back, we'll meet later on.

Revan nods as they both go there separate ways.

TIMESKIP - SLAVE QUARTERS

Farther down the street Qui-Gon, Revan and Anakin head toward their house. Qui-Gon takes a handful of credits from beneath his poncho and hands them to Anakin.

Qui-Gon: Here, these are yours.

Anakin: (suddenly beaming) Yes!

Shmi is cleaning up as Anakin bursts through the door, followed by Revan and Qui-Gon.

Anakin: Mom, he sold the Pod. Look at all the money we have!

Anakin pulls a bag of coins out of his pocket.

Shmi: Oh, my goodness, That's wonderful Ani.

Qui-Gon: Revan And Anakin have been freed.

Anakin: What?!?

Qui-Gon: You're no longer a slave.

Anakin: Did you hear that Revan, we're free!

Anakin hugs Revan as he hugs him back and smiles.

Revan: I know buddy!

Shmi: Now you can both make your dreams come true. You're free! (turns to Qui-Gon) Will you take them with you? Are they to become a Jedi?

Qui-Gon: Yes. Our meeting was not a coincidence. Nothing happens by accident.

Anakin: You mean I get to come with you in your starship?!