Chapter Seven: Shadow Of The Malevolence

ANAKIN'S VENATOR CRUISER - SPACE

Revan and Ahsoka are approaching Anakin and Admiral Yularen, who are briefing the clones on the mission, while R2 is showing a hologram of the Malevolence.

Yularen: This strike force has been commissioned by the Senate to hunt down the enemy's new battleship. As the bulk of our fleets are engaged on the front lines We'll be on our own. General Skywalker has prepared our attack strategy.

Anakin walks over to the hologram and starts speaking.

Anakin: Thank you, Admiral. While our capital ships is vulnerable to the enemy attack. I believe its squadron bombers cannot move their ion weapon Our target would be the bridge and General Grievous.

The clones chatter among themselves. A clone named Matchstick speaks to another clone.

Matchstick: Ha, the head clanker, Skywalker's getting pretty ambitious.

Anakin continues his briefing.

Anakin: Our bombers will attack at high speed to evade the enemy's ion weapon. We concentrate our firepower on the bridge super structure, here. We destroy General Grievous, and the ship will fall with him. Any questions?

Matchstick stands up

Matchstick: Just tell us where that metal-head is, sir

Clone: Yeah, we've been waiting for a chance to take him out.

Anakin: All right, men. Settle down. 

Matchstick and the other clone sits down.

Anakin: This is an important mission. We destroy Grievous, we can bring the war to a quicker end. Pilots, prepare your bombers.

The briefing ends and the clones get up and start preparing their bombers. Revan starts speaking to Anakin.

Revan: (sarcastic) And just like that you've boosted their confidence and ready to become a grand leader, congratulations.

Anakin: (chuckles) Oh come on, don't tell me you haven't done same before.

Revan, Anakin and Ahsoka laugh, Revan stops laughing and gets serious.

Revan: This a very aggressive plan, Anakin. Are you sure your squadron can handle this mission?

Anakin: Let's ask them, Matchstick!

Anakin calls Matchstick and turns toward Anakin, Yularen, Revan and Ahsoka.

Anakin: You think our boys can pull it off? 

Matchstick: Yes, Sir! There hasn't been a mission shadow squadron couldn't complete.

That's right, minimal casualties, maximum effectiveness. That's us.

Revan: (smirks) I admire your confidence, pilot.

Revan turns to Anakin.

Revan: Even so, minimal casualties may be enough to prevent you from breaking Grievous' defenses.

Ahsoka: Master Revan is right. With Grievous on that ship's bridge, it's bound to be well protected.

Anakin: Don't worry, Ahsoka. We'll destroy that bridge and Grievous along with it.

Anakin and Yularen start walking away from Revan and Ahsoka. Revan crosses his arms and thinks.

Revan: Well, it seems Anakin has inspired great confidence in his men.