CHAPTER 14

CHAPTER 14

[KULANI]

‘Baby girl! You look like a walking million dollars, walking in heels!’ Aunt Lydia compliments and I laugh. Mhan Xongi continues dusting the cushions on the couch and says nothing. The conversation this morning evaporated into the air. Fikani stood in his word that his mother was exaggerating. I was told to dress up and nothing more. I hate vague dress codes. Anyway, I decided on a satin tube dress and Saint Laurent ankle strap sandals. The nude made sense. I am gonna take this coat off in the car. I only wore it because I didn’t want to give Xongi more reason to despise me. Not that I regret this outfit. I just don’t want her seeing it in its full sexy. I have the bag he left on the bed for me. He meant it when he said he was gonna get it for me. I’m so happy I think I’m gonna sleep cuddling it tonight. He’d surely wake up in the morning and return it. He doesn’t want his own son sleeping in between us. What more is a bag? I internally laugh at my own thoughts. Aunt Lydia is still looking at me like I just walked out of a magazine cover. I love her man. I genuinely do. Under all that offensive and brusquerie cover, there’s a genuine motherly heart. I wonder if her not having kids was a choice. I am not going to ask though. You do not ask people such questions. She indicates with her hand that I should come closer. I laugh. I wonder what she wants to whisper to me.
‘Seal the night with some deepthroat’
I shoot out laughter. I did not expect that. This woman?!
She licks her flute and leaves me there. One of the drivers walks in and alerts me that it’s time to leave. I follow him out. I analyse the space where Kurhula wants to build. It’s more than enough. After the houses that already exist, the kraal and garden area, there’s still more than enough space to build our house. This yard is huge. The space is enough for a shopping complex. I almost bump into Fikani and he holds me from falling. I quickly gain my balance and he removes his hands.
‘You look stunning’
I know. This response stays in my head. I quickly reprimand myself. I always do when one of my spicy personalities come up. It sounds wrong. Even in my head.
‘Thank you. Please excuse me’
He insists on holding the door for me and I let him be. We drive out of the garage. It’s gonna be dark soon. I wonder where we’re going. I hope I’m not overdressed, or underdressed. I wouldn’t mind the former that much. The latter is usually embarrassing. Pinterest keeps me company because this guy doesn’t talk that much.
‘Mlambya and associates?’
Kurhula made me dress up so I can meet him at his office? Does he know the effort I put into this face?
Tony opens the door for me. I grab my bag and step out with his help. He leaves only after I’ve pushed the doors open and let myself in. The reception area is empty. The elevator tings open and he appears with that smile on his face. He has a rose in his hand.
‘I wonder what you’re up to’
He laughs after I say this. He approaches and hands the rose to me. I smell it and appreciate the freshness in its natural scent. He takes my hand and turns me around.
‘My, my, my…’ he says and steps away. I guess to get a proper view of me. ‘I wish you could see yourself the way that I do right now’
I chuckle. ‘What makes you think I don’t?’
‘You’re calm. If you knew what you really looked like, I swear you wouldn’t know how to act’
I laugh. He’s started.
‘Damn woman...’ – he bites his lower lip – ‘Now I wish I could have you right now and right here but let me get my mind out of the gutter. I have a surprise for you’ he receives my bag and takes my hand. There’s red petals everywhere on the floor. The person who’s gonna clean here tomorrow morning will be cussin’ and swearing throughout. We get to his office and the only source of light in here are the candles on his desk and on the floor. There’s a picnic setup in the middle.
‘Awwwn… this is so sweet baby, thank you’
‘Do you genuinely like it?’
I nod as I check the food. There’s prawns, creamy pasta, white wine, and chocolate dessert. I love the elegance and simplicity attached to all of this.
‘I hope there’s juice’
‘There’s none. I want you to try something new’ he says as he pours. I laugh.
‘You’re such a bad influence’
‘I know, and you better not drink in my absence’
‘What if I like it?’
‘Try not to get addicted’ he hands the glass to me after I get seated. He helps me out of my heels and also sits with one knee raised. He dishes up for me and I ask where the food is from after the first bite. I know for a fact that he didn’t make any of this. He doesn’t strike me as someone who knows how to cook.
‘I made it’ he lies and looks at me in the eye, waiting for a reaction. I know he is lying.
‘No ways’ I disagree and continue enjoying this well-made Italian cuisine. The juicy taste of the prawns keeps bursting in my mouth.
‘The person who made this knows exactly what they were doing. I can almost tell which ingredients were put in here’
‘You sound like you’re well versed in food my lady’
‘Not really but I once took up a short culinary course out of boredom. It was recess’
One thing about me? I am my father’s nightmare when it comes to his bank account. I am realizing now how I used to buy stuff and pay for things just cause I could, not that I needed them. However, that course was necessary. Growing up with helpers did not work in my favour when I had to live by myself at dorm.
‘You sound like a curious human being’ he notes.
‘You can say that. Now tell me where this food is from’
‘Okay fine. My friend is a chef so I asked him to whip up something quickly’
I believe the quickly part. It’s like the idea just hit him and he went with it, judging by the time he informed me of our date.
‘But why don’t you believe that I can cook?’
‘No prince can. You guys are hopeless to be honest’
He laughs. ‘This prince grew far from home. You seem to forget this fact’
‘So you can?’
‘You sound very doubtful of me. The only reason you haven’t had any food made by me is because I’m a busy man and we live with your mother-in-law under the same roof. I don’t want her in my ear’
I believe him because she’d definitely throw a gasket at the sight of him holding a pot.
‘I will conclude that you can cook the day I eat your food. For now, I choose not to speak’
He laughs.
‘Zero faith in me’
I giggle and continue eating. This wine doesn’t taste bad. It smells citrusy.
‘I need to go back to PE baby. The trial is starting on Tuesday’
‘You’re seriously defending this person?’ I say, deliberately.
‘I told you that I’m just doing my job. If I operated on conscience I wouldn’t have went to law school’
‘What are your limits when it comes to such?’
‘Well…’ he takes a sip. He’s done eating. ‘I’ve turned down cases where I felt a man is being rightfully accused of killing a woman or cases of GBV. I don’t know. They’re just not doable’
‘Hit close to home?’ I softly ask. He nods.
‘I… I don’t know man. I always ask myself if I would’ve defended Edward if it happened that… ja. That’s enough for me to tell the potential client to leave my office’
‘I understand. What’s happening with this particular client?’
‘He’s being accused of killing his friend’
‘Did he do it?’ I ask and he laughs.
‘I can’t discuss that with you baby man’
‘Hawu. Where would I be taking this information? And even if it might be useful to me, it will be your word against me’
‘Hearsay neh? Listen to you’ he smiles. ‘It’s not that I don’t trust you. I just don’t like discussing my clients but if you have to know, yeah he did it but he pleaded free of guilt’
‘Do you see yourself getting him off?’
‘I’ll manage a light sentence at most. The evidence is solid so I have to play dirty’
‘Dirty?’
‘Claim mental imbalance at the time of the incident’
‘So you guys do this on purpose?’
He laughs as he finishes off his wine and nods.
‘We have to. The friend wasn’t innocent either so…’
‘What do you mean?’
‘He slept with his wife. That’s no mistake. Loko munhu aku tolovela thyaka they should expect that things will get out of hand’ (When a person is getting too familiar with you)
‘How did he even kill him?’
‘He broke into his house and shot him after catching them in fragrante delicto in the afternoon. After that, he did the most dumbest thing any defence lawyer despises’
‘What? And what does that mean? That fragrance word?’
‘He left the murder weapon at the crime scene’ he states in severely bored tone. ‘And the word means red-handed’
‘Couldn’t you just use simple English?’
He laughs. He did it on purpose.
‘My fees costed an arm, a leg and a couple of hairs my lady’
I thin my eyes at him. He laughs even harder.
‘Have you decided what you want? Are we going back to school or are we building a day-care?
I sigh. ‘I think I wanna go back to school but it will have to be long-distance’
‘Okay I will be waiting for your documents then’
‘Why?’
‘So that I can send the applications on your behalf’
I immediately smile. Arg, what did I do to deserve this man?
‘I thought you said you were a busy man’
‘Never too busy for you. I’m not saying you should do it but if you were to wakk into a court in session and told me that you miss me, I would simply tell the judge to postpone everything’ he says, massaging my foot.
I shoot out laughter while imagining this scene. As crazy as it sounds, I would trust that he’s capable of such insanity. He pulls me close when I least expect it and I almost spill my wine. I’m on my third glass.
‘Ooh…’ I exclaim and he takes the glass from me, putting it down.
‘Do you know why I called you here?’ he lifts my legs so I sit on him astride. I shake my head. His lips are a hairsbreadth away from mine. His scent and stare are intoxicating me.
‘I need memories of you in this office. Motivation to remind me what awaits at home. Not that I need a reminder but you know? There are some flashbacks that will have a man racing the road, in a hurry to get in between a special set off thighs’ he kisses me.
‘You’re always welcome in between these ones, you know that right?’ I respond with the same tone and he smiles. I’m getting wet and I have no underwear on. Flip, I forgot my coat in the car. Hopefully Tony keeps it safe and it doesn’t land in the wrong hands. I choose to forget about it now. He manoeuvres a way to get up with me still straddling him. Once managed, he goes and puts me on his chair. He turns it around and pushes my dress up and sees that there’s no cloth barrier between him and my nakedness.
‘We came prepared nana?’ he asks with a smirk before wheeling the chair closer so he can kiss me. I nod as we suck each other’s lips. I am addicted to this human being!
He squats and raises my legs up. I was looking forward to the chocolate thingy though.
‘Kurhula what about the dessert?’
I feel his warm tongue before I can speak.
‘This one? What about it?’ he asks while eating me out. Arg, it can melt. I no longer care about it. He separates my folds with fingers, angles his head and sucks on my throbbing bean. He’s gotten to notice that this tips me over the edge.
‘Mmh!’ he moans while at it. The manner in which Kurhula eats me out makes me want to taste myself. His warm breath fans me and I close my eyes once again.
‘I’m about to explode’
He tongue back to the pink canal, holding my waist with both hands.
‘Cvm into my mouth’
The ocean gates burst open and drinks it all up. He’s refusing to let me go. My eyes roll back as my toes curl. He’s massaging my vibrating leg.
‘Kurhula…’ I am running out of strength. He smiles and gets up.
He unbuckles his belt, still looking at me. He swipes the files off his table and picks me up. I help him out of his white shirt as his pants find their way to his ankles. My dress also comes off.
‘Do you masturbate baby?’ he asks while rubbing my clxt with his firm dxck and I laugh. Why am I feeling shy?
‘I used to. There’s no need for that anymore’
‘Oh?’
‘Yeah. I have a breathing seggs toy now’
He laughs. ‘First, you tell me that we’re agemates since you’ve seen my genitals. Second, I’m a toy? Kulani, how many times am I supposed to warn you baby girl?’
He’s slowly entering me and I am getting all of it today. I feel my insides expand as he burrows through my muscles.
‘Was I lying?’
From that threatening smile and lifted brow, I can clearly see that I’m pushing limits here.
‘You even have the attitude to match. We need to fix that’ he gives me a fast long stroke and I flinch. ‘Don’t you think?’ he asks.
‘I’m sorry’ I laugh.
‘Why you folding so quickly?’
Another long stroke. Motherf…
He lifts my legs and supports them on his shoulders. I am feeling every inch as he disappears into me.
‘Hey momma? Why are we folding so quickly?  I haven’t done nothing yet but you’re already tapping out?’
He’s consistently poking at a sensitive spot and I want him to keep at it. He’s fully aware of what he’s doing, judging by his persistent angular movement.
‘Hhh…hhh’ I breathe out loud. He increases the pace like he’d just read my mind. I feel my muscles tensing up that Olivia is about to rush through me like an anxiety attack. I cvm and grease him his dxck up even further. He slows down the pace and pulls out. He goes back to massaging my clxt with his head. He slides it in again when I least expect it and I gasp. Another orgasm hit me and he doesn’t change the pace even after I’m done losing my mind. He continues rearranging my intestines while massaging my boobs. The third one is intense. I squirt all over him.
‘There we go’ he says like he’s just achieved something he was intending to. I have no strength left in me. He pulls me by the small of my back and kisses my neck, then my lips.
‘You can have your dessert now. Be quick because I need mine back as in yesterday’
I laugh breathlessly while holding on to his neck. He’s breathing into mine. My kitten is on fire.