Chapter 4

By now, Hanabi was sixteen years old and had decided to go to a different high school to her brothers. While they were in their second year at Inarizaki, Hanabi was now in her first year at Shiratorizawa High School.

Why she had chosen this school was not really clear to anyone in her family. Nevertheless, they had accepted it, as Shiratorizawa was considered an elite school. The real reason Hanabi had chosen this school was to avoid her brothers. Not because she hated the twins, but rather to avoid everything revolving around them.

She had always thought it was cute how the twins had always protected her. However, it got worse over the years, especially when Hanabi's body changed. She simply didn't want to be the center of attention. Not from the boys who chased after her, nor from the girls who wanted to get close to their brothers through her.

Hanabi also hoped that the volleyball trend would change. She didn't know whether the Shiratorizawa would manage to make her like it again. But at the moment, all she could do was tell everyone how much she detested the sport.

"She's cute." said a boy as Hanabi walked past. "Sweet? More like hot." said another, which was already getting on Hanabi's nerves. She hadn't been here a day, she was looked at by everyone and labeled as popular. How much she hated that.

"Hey, tell me... why don't you pay attention to these guys?" a black-haired girl suddenly asked, appearing next to Hanabi. "Because I hate comments like that and don't want people to call me popular." the blonde replied immediately. "Oh, I see...then I like you." the girl laughed. "Huh?"

"Well, everyone was already looking at you when you started school. Some girls were even jealous. They're afraid you'll snatch the cute boys away from them." Hanabi nodded understandingly at her explanation. "I admit, it runs in the family." Hanabi said, explaining that it was the same with her brothers.

"You have brothers? How cool!", the girl, who was probably an only child, stole. For some reason, Hanabi didn't think they were as bad as she thought they were when she first said it. "Do you go to this school too?" "No, but can I ask who you are?"

"Oh sorry, I was so curious that I didn't introduce myself. I'm Mitsuri, nice to meet you." The black-haired girl grinned. "Hanabi." The blonde was also happy to introduce herself. "Wait...Hanabi...something's ringing a bell...", Mitsuri mumbled and grinned. "Ahh, now I know! You have your room next to me!"

Hanabi hadn't thought about that yet. She was just glad that she had her own room and didn't have to share. "Come on, let's go to the girls' dormitory together and have a look around!" said Mitsuri enthusiastically. "That's where I was going anyway." Hanabi admitted with a smile and ran ahead.

The only thing she hoped inwardly was that Mitsuri would treat her exactly the same as she did now, when she knew her last name.