Chapter 22

On a beautiful sunny day, Habani sat leaning against a tree in a small park at the school and drew in front of her. To organize her thoughts, she drew everything that caught her eye at the moment. Her friends were quite high up, because Hanabi drew the whole volleyball team on a large sheet, with Mitsuri and her also having a place on it.

Yes, she had said to herself that she wouldn't make any deeper connections. However, she wanted to create a work of art that she could leave to her friends.

A work of art that would remind them of the beautiful moments and no one would even think about how sick Hanabi actually was. Just as she started to draw the lines of a person, she recognized a shadow that was about to block out the sun.

"What are you sitting here for? It's still cold." the voice said immediately, causing Hanabi to look up slowly. "It's warm for me in the sun. You've seen the pictures of my home, by the way, it was even cooler there." she smiled and was simply looked at.

"No training?" she asked immediately afterwards. "I'm skipping it today." Hanabi blinked several times. Had she just heard right? He didn't want to train? "Are you ill?" "No, why would I be?"

"Because you never actually skip training." Hanabi said, continuing to gaze into his greenish eyes. "I wanted to do something with you." "Huh? With...me?"

"Yeah, or do you have trouble hearing?" Slightly offended, Hanabi looked away from him. "No, but it's unusual that you want to do something that doesn't have to do with volleyball." she said, resting her head lightly against the tree trunk. "So, why do you want to do something with me?"

"Tendou said it was normal between friends." , the boy said slightly awkwardly. "Tendou turned you on to me, didn't he?" the girl smirked and only saw a nod from him. Hanabi began to laugh merrily. "A funny way to tell me and ask me. But I'm not actually planning to do anything."

Now Wakatoshi raised his eyebrow. "There's something wrong with you, I noticed that when you came back from your family and also after the jog."

Hanabi tilted her head. "I'm just a bit more thoughtful than usual. My brothers haven't come and haven't really contacted me yet. As for my mother, she didn't really want to let me go anymore." This was a good excuse, she thought. However, Wakatoshi wasn't stupid, otherwise he wouldn't be at this elite school.

"You're hiding something. Tendou noticed it too, even if he blamed it on instinct." Hanabi exhaled, slightly annoyed. "You're not going to leave me alone until I do something with you, are you?" she asked, receiving another nod from him. Her plan to avoid him had gone completely wrong. Her heart wanted the same thing. The heart that could never lie.

"All right, Wakatoshi. I'm going to do something with you today."