Chapter 17

After Hanabi had cooked and eaten with her mother, she lay down in her old bed, slightly exhausted, and looked at the ceiling. She actually had a lot of connections with this room. Every time she was ill, her brothers had laid some futons on the floor and spent the night with her.

When they were very small, they often slept together in one room to stay awake until their parents came in angrily and sent them to sleep. As a child, you weren't obliged to do anything and had no worries.

The older you got, the more complicated life became, which Hanabi had long realized. Even in elementary school, she had had moments like this when she knew that her life was about to change. It became even clearer in Yako middle school, which is why she also began to change.

Sometimes Hanabi was a shy girl. But then she could also talk openly, laugh and even speak her mind, losing her control and being like Atsumu. Arrogant and obnoxious. However, the volleyball team and Mitsuri were used to it and didn't mind at all. Hanabi was glad to have met these people.

"Oh man..." came out of her mouth as she put her arm over her face and closed her eyes. The journey wasn't really strenuous, but Hanabi still felt quite exhausted. It was probably also due to the cold and the soft snow that was falling.

I wonder what her friends were doing? Perhaps they were being chased around by Tanji or skipping training. Mitsuri had told her that she was going to her parents' house for the weekend and probably wouldn't be able to report. But the question Hanabi was still wondering was what Wakatoshi would do.

Would he go home to the Ushijimas? Or would he stay at the school and continue training alone because she wasn't there? Perhaps Tendou would manage to distract him, which was what she hoped for the most.

One thing was pretty certain for Hanani. The time would not pass as quickly as it usually did when she was at home. It was quiet without the twins, which meant she could think about a lot of things. So she had to be patient until she could see Wakatoshi again. And right at that moment, her heart was beating faster than usual. Why was she thinking about him again now? Was it because of what her mother had said?

Could it really be that she liked Wakatoshi more than she wanted to admit? That she was interested in him, even though volleyball was everything to him?

"Hanabi, you idiot..." the blonde whispered to herself.