Chapter 44

It had been about two months since Hanabi had the operation and was still in hospital. The reason was simple, her mother wanted it that way and really wanted to make sure that her daughter was healthy. So Hanabi had no choice but to spend every day drawing or reading so that she didn't get bored. Her brothers had to go back to school, as did Mitsuri.

Tendou had said goodbye a few days ago and was flying to France to start his training. And Wakatoshi had to prepare for his upcoming matches.

So Hanabi either had her worried mother on her back or she was trying to distract herself somehow. Hanabi also had other examinations which were really getting on her nerves. At the moment she was feeling really well again and was even able to relieve Wakatoshi of the fear of his nightmare.

Her skin was also no longer as cold as it had been at the beginning and she even had some color in her face again. A good way to get better, actually. But Hanabi also knew that it wasn't quite over yet and that she had to keep fighting.

Sometimes she felt as if fate wanted her to fall ill. For some reason, she was getting closer and closer to Wakatoshi. But maybe she would have met him that way and gotten together with him. Well, they had never said it, but for both of them it was a matter of course that they were a couple.

A soft noise could be heard while Hanabi had closed her eyes and fallen asleep in the middle of a book chapter. Nevertheless, she could hear these noises even though the person just wanted to be quiet. For a brief moment, there was silence as the visitor looked at the blonde.

There was no movement, which caused panic to rise and he put his hand on her neck to check for a pulse. But then Hanabi flinched slightly and placed her hand on his reassuringly. "I'm...fine..." she mumbled tiredly and turned her head to Wakatoshi.

"Sorry...I thought..." "It's okay." Hanabi smiled and looked into his eyes. "You came from training, didn't you?"

Wakatoshi nodded and hadn't even changed his clothes yet. He just wanted to see his girl, who kept complaining about how bored she was. "We have an important game soon." Wakatoshi reported and took her hand in his.

"I guess I won't be able to be there." Hanabi feared and closed her eyes again. "But I'll cheer you on from the screen." , she promised and felt his lips on her forehead. "I'll do my best."

Hanabi smiled softly and held his hand a little tighter. She was sure that he would stay until she fell asleep again. After all, it was his fault and he had woken her up. Good, she hadn't slept deeply.

"Hanabi, I love you." she heard Wakatoshi whisper before she actually fell asleep in a few seconds.